“Absolutely Fabulous!”

Lost Island Water Park
Ranked #1 of 18 things to do in Waterloo
More attraction details
Owner description: Lost Island is a tropical getaway hidden in the heart of the Midwest! Have you ever seen palm trees in Iowa? How about mysterious ancient ruins? Walking through the gates at Lost Island will make you feel like you just stepped off a plane in some far away destination. We offer a wide range of attractions for all thrill levels. Enjoy the Wailua Kupua - one of the first hydromagnetic watercoasters in the country! Splash around in Tsunami Bay, race your friends down Ta'Katipo, lounge in a deluxe cabana, or float around the Kailahi River. With over 14 different rides available, it won't take long for you to get lost.
La Jolla, CA
7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Absolutely Fabulous!”
Reviewed July 8, 2013

We spent the 4th of July (2013) here and had the best time. We drove down from the Twin Cities (about 3.5 hours). My family loved the wave pool and we spend the majority of our time in it. The watercoaster was our top pick, a first for us, we had never seen one before. The other slides were fun very fun too. Cabana rental is a must for us. A ceiling fan, locker, wifi, shade any time you need it. The staff were exceptionally good. And best of all, the place is clean!

This was our first time there and plan on making this an annual summer family trip.

Visited July 2013
Eric B, Manager at Lost Island Water Park, responded to this review, July 28, 2013
Thank you very much for your positive review of Lost Island! We pride ourselves on providing a clean, family-friendly environment & hearing how much fun you had makes our day! Hope to see you again.

Letts, Iowa
“My favorite waterpark.”
Reviewed July 6, 2013

This is one of my favorite water parks ever! The only one that beats it is Noah's Ark (America's largest). There are a lot of rides to go on and the park is very clean and it's never overcrowded. I go at least once every year with my family and we love it every time. They usually get a new ride/attraction every year or so. It's great. You won't be disappointed.

Visited July 2013
“awesome place”
Reviewed July 4, 2013 via mobile

My 2 teen daughters spent 2 days here. we had so much fun.All of the staff was great and friendly. We most definitely got our money worth for the 2 day passes we bought. Again the staff and,lifeguards we awesome. the lifeguards here are the best and most focused that I have seen in my years of going to water parks.

Visited June 2013
Mason City, Iowa, United States
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“Fun Fun Fun”
Reviewed June 23, 2013

Love this place!!! They keep me coming back year after year!!! The slides are awesome, wave pool awesome! The restrooms and locker area are clean and well laid out. Food prices were decent had much higher prices at other parks. I only wish they stayed open later so much fun you don't want to leave!!

Visited July 2012
Iowa
24 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 36 helpful votes
“Great place to enjoy the water!”
Reviewed March 2, 2013

This is a really nice water park. They have lots of slides, keep the place very neat, and have plenty of space to relax and enjoy. I take my three daughters each August for a day and we really enjoy it. The price has gone up and the $1 savings on the internet ticket purchase makes it barely worth pre-buying. I think the food has perhaps gotten a little better over the years. It is pricey. The best option is to get a refillable drink cup if your family can stand to share. The wave pool is really fun for all. Parking is right there, plentiful and at no cost. The Go Kart and Putt Putt Golf are next to it and are separate costs. They are both really pretty neat but it is too exhausting to do the water park and anything else the same day. The casino and hotel are right there if you want to make it a weekend trip.

Visited August 2012