“nice stay”

Ranked #13 of 15 Hotels in Waterloo
West Bend, Wisconsin
“nice stay”
Reviewed July 26, 2014

I stayed here because they had reservations available. Making the reservation was easy and convenient. The front desk clerk, Patricia was very friendly and made sure all my needs were taken care of. The rooms are basic and clean. The air conditioner in my room could use an update but the rooms were clean. The pool was off the lobby but the hot tub was not working, which I was looking forward to using. I would stay here again because of the cleanliness, convenience, and friendly staff. It has made improvements over the last couple of months since my last stay.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled solo
1 Thank countryboy282014

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
Carlinville, Illinois
Reviewed July 20, 2014

The motel is convenient if you are on hwy 52 S and you're too tired to keep driving to Cedar Rapids. They have a week day rate, which I think I was misquoted, but since I was booking on a Friday they charged me the higher weekend rate, which is still mid $ 60's with taxes, etc. Not a bad price, but there is no breakfast and there was no shampoo or conditioner in the shower. The coffee in the am was free, but there were no plastic spoons available to eat the yogurt I had with me. The room was ok, but I thought it still smelled a little smokey, even though it was a non-smoking room, There were folks outside smoking in the parking lot though, so maybe their smoke was wafting in through hallways. The room did have a small microwave and fridge. The shower was nice but the bathroom was tiny. The air conditioner worked fine, but it was missing the grill which covers it.There was a very small pool, which closes at 10pm and the hot tub wasn't working. Staff were friendly, although they need to work on their professionalism/attire/appearance, etc.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled solo
1 Thank bglenn82
Waterloo, Iowa
Reviewed July 12, 2014 via mobile

I love coming here. The rooms are clean, good coffee, nice staff, and great service. I had a situation and Tammy did an excellent job solving the issue. She is the main reason why I will be selecting Motel 6 every time I visit Waterloo.

Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank Beonka S
Butler, Tennessee
Reviewed July 3, 2014

I stopped at this hotel when I saw it from the Highway. I have been staying at Motel 6 my entire life. This one in particular was one of my favorites. It was clean had a great friendly staff and it was located away from everything. It was nice and quite at all times.

Room Tip: Grab a room away from the pool
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled solo
1 Thank Fred W
Ionia, Iowa
Reviewed June 30, 2014

I have a bulldog named Rooster Cogburn. He loves to come here. Clean place. Nice folks. I just got one issue and its all the ads on the internet connection. So many I cant get work done. But otherwise it has a nice pool and good showers. They do a good job of keeping it clean.

Room Tip: Nice gals up front.
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank Carl B
Crestwood, Kentucky
Reviewed June 27, 2014 via mobile

We stopped at Motel 6 because of the reviews and we were not disappoint! There is a dog show tomorrow and there are several dogs staying here (we were informed of this be checking in) but you wouldn't know it if you didn't see them outside. Tammy, at front desk was very friendly and helpful. We would definitely stay here again!

Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
Oelwein, Iowa
Reviewed June 9, 2014

My fiance and I stayed here with our eldest son who was only 3 at the time. We were told the rooms were updated just to find out we had a plain outdated room. We could not use the heater because it was ridiculously loud and whenever you turned it on, it smelled like it was burning and made the entire room stink. Beings we could not use the heater, we froze all night long. Beds were very hard, fridge did not work, bathroom tub had hairs all over it and the water stop did not work either. Hallways were filled with smoke and you could smell marijuana all on the top floor (we had a NDD1 on the top floor.) People were "partying" and being very loud all night long. Where's management? The only nice part was the public pool, which my son loved but the hot tub wasn't even filled and was covered in gunk. The morning we checked out, management was there and she was wearing all sweats with messy hair, where is the dress code and hygiene? Never again will we stay there, nor will my kids be submitted to such an atrocious atmosphere.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family