“Newton's Paradise Cafe Waterloo Iowa Mega Review”

Newton's Paradise Cafe
Ranked #4 of 136 Restaurants in Waterloo
Cuisines: American, Contemporary, Cafe
Dining options: Breakfast
Description: Located in the historic former Newton’s Jewelry building in Downtown Waterloo, Newton’s Paradise Café offers breakfast and lunch items made with fresh produce, fresh ingredients and a fresh approach to food in the Cedar Valley.Meet your friends for breakfast, lunch or dinner. Can’t stay to eat? Call ahead and order it to-go. Looking for a fresh place to bring business clients or out-of-town visitors? Everyone will love the wide variety of delectable items on the evolving menus. Stop in for traditional breakfast favorites like delicious pancakes, Iowa French toast, biscuits and gravy and Steel cut oats. Come back for lunch for a great selection of burgers, wraps and salads all made fresh and with ingredients that will make your taste-buds sing.Be sure to check out the 2011 Iowa Pork Producers honorable mention best pork tenderloin. Worth a drive from anywhere.Newton’s Paradise Café is open at 6am Monday through Saturday, and 9am to 2pm on Sunday. We close at 9pm Monday through Thursday with extended late night hours on Friday and Saturday nights. We are always adding to our menu, so stop in often to enjoy something new and delicious. Choose a table or booth or sit at the diner-style counter. You can even dine outside on nice days and enjoy the view of the beautiful park and greet friends and familiar faces of Downtown Waterloo while you enjoy your meal.
Urbandale, Iowa
“Newton's Paradise Cafe Waterloo Iowa Mega Review”
Reviewed February 9, 2013

After seeing the chef from Newton's on our local Iowa PBS show Iowa Ingredient, we decided if we happened to get up towards Waterloo we'd stop in and check this place out. A few weeks later we decided to take a mini staycation and Waterloo would be one of our stops.
It made the most sense for us to stop in for lunch. The outside of the building is pretty cool. The great big revolving neon Newton's sign gives the place a lot of old school charm. Inside it was diner-ish but nicer, nice colors and cool art on the walls. For lunch. I had the roast beef sandwich and B had the turkey wrap. Both were pretty big and filling. With my sandwich I had the sweet potato chips and they were really delicious, if they put these chips in bags they would fly off store shelves. B really liked her wrap and I proclaimed that all roast beef sandwiches should taste like this!
After talking with the waiter about their dinner menu we joked about coming back for dinner. So we were back for dinner. We both had beers and I had the bone in rib-eye and B had the fish and chips. Both were very good. When the waiter asked if we would like any dessert, I told him I was planning on chewing the bone from the rib-eye on the drive back to our hotel! We were impressed enough again to joke about coming back for breakfast in the morning.
Breakfast. This was a first for us. The fact that were ate here three times in a row, lunch dinner, breakfast, should be enough to tell you about the quality of food they are serving here. B had the biscuits and gravy and I had the Iowa toast, which is their take on French toast, and we shared an order of hash browns with cheese. Again both very good. While we were eating we realized that the couple seated behind B had also seen the restaurant on TV and had made a trek to Waterloo to see what it was like. They mentioned this to the server and the Chef came out and chatted with them for a while about the TV show and a few other things. This was so nice to see.
We without a doubt recommend Newton's Paradise Cafe.

• Visited December 2012
1 Thank Herbert0000

Appleton, WI
“excellent value, great breakfast foods”
Reviewed February 7, 2013

We visited twice in a weekend for lunch/brunch and breakfast. We had some fantastic apple/cinnamon Irish oats, eggs cooked to perfection and hashbrowns with everything on them. This is good "home cooking" and quite affordable too. We had excellent service even though the place was packed each time. The waitress made a mistake and was very helpful in fixing the issue without us ever saying a thing. That kind of service is hard to come by.

• Visited February 2013
Iowa
“Nice addition to downtown Waterloo”
Reviewed February 3, 2013

We have started visiting Newton's because of the buzz, but come back for the food. If the chef is not working that day, your selections might be a little smaller, but the service has always been good, and the regional slant in the menu makes each visit interesting.

Visited June 2012
cedar falls
“Huge food”
Reviewed February 2, 2013

We stopped by for brunch. When I saw the tenderloin I thought I was going to faint. I had the biscuits and gravy. Huge homemade biscuits on a plate the size of half a cookie sheet. And the hash browns,enormous. I didn't quite care for the grilled sausage patties. But that was trivial compared to the great service and large portions. Nice place for a nice breakfast

Waterloo, Iowa
“Best "casual dining" in Iowa”
Reviewed January 25, 2013

I love this place. THe breakfasts are amazing and the lunches are great too. I have to confess that I have tried only a few things because I always get the pork tenderloin. I actually hate pork tenderloin, but it is such a huge thing here in Iowa. The sandwich at Newton's is amazing, don't lump it in with the junk they serve in the rest of the state.

• Visited November 2012