“Worth to stop by”

Hwy 63 Diner
Ranked #16 of 134 Restaurants in Waterloo
Cuisines: American
Good for: Large groups, Kids, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Cedar Falls, Iowa
“Worth to stop by”
Reviewed November 3, 2012

I have reviewed this place before. But I like to confirm again that this is a good family restaurant that we will come again and again. First, we love the way they serve salad family style with 4 big bottles salad dressing. They said that is home made dressing and it tastes really good. I have tried the wraps, pork chop, chicken fried steak and they are all good. Their soup is good too. Just think they deserve to be reviewed again and hope more people visit them.

• Visited November 2012

Dublin, Ireland
“Great find”
Reviewed October 21, 2012

talking with an American friend last night reminded me of my visit to Diner 63 2 years ago. I was on a road trip from Minneapolis to Nashville, driving along Highway 63 and very hungry! We saw a sign for Diner 63 and decided to try it. Driving into it it appeared completely deserted, but a small light bulb above the door suggested it was open. I am so glad we took a chance. I find American food (with all due respect to American readers) consists of a lot of deep fried dishes. Here I had the most delicious fish dish I have ever had, anywhere! I think the fish was tilapia. The service was very good and friendly. Within minutes of us being seated the place quickly filled up and had we been 10 minutes later I guess we would have had to wait for a table. A totally random find but one that will stay in my memory for a long time.

• Visited November 2011
USA
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Hometown good”
Reviewed August 15, 2012

Yes it's definetly worth going to. It's the only place I know where you can get a cheese frenchie. For me, that's priceless. Food price average, quality good! Not too many places like it.

• Visited March 2012
antioch, CA
“family style”
Reviewed July 1, 2012

just average food nothing fancy Service was average Nice selection on menu

Visited June 2012
Cedar Falls, Iowa
“Supporting local restaurant”
Reviewed April 1, 2012

No, this is not a joint that likely to be showcase by “dive, diner and drive” on Food Network. The price is not super inexpensive considering the portion and the food. My broasted chicken tastes pretty good but I can’t say it is special or better than KFC.

However, I can see why the restaurant filled with local people and many of them seem to be regulars. It is typical Iowa that you like to sit in a restaurant filled with people knows you. Even this is my first time but I bet many people who are visiting because the feeling. Their salad dressing is good and served with four big bottles without asking. Creamy Garlic fits me really well and it is great that I can try all of them in the way I want.

Don’t go there if you want to have fancy dinning or beautiful décor. It is a relax hometown joint and I believe we should support them to balance with the big chain restaurant because they keep the local characteristic. Even though I enjoy the consistency when I travel by dinning in the chain restaurant; it is even more important for me to see these local restaurants that provide dinning beyond a business transaction. Above all, the food tastes above average any way. Tell you what; you can count me visiting them again.

• Visited March 2012