“Great Hotel”

Ranked #9 of 15 Hotels in Waterloo
Minneapolis, Minnesota
“Great Hotel”
Reviewed August 6, 2012

Great hotel! Nice bed, clean room. The breakfast was good - pancake machine was broken while we were there. Pleasantly surprised to have a refrigerator too! Unfortunately we didn't have time to use the pool or hot tub.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends
2 Thank Laxmom32

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
Des Moines, Iowa
Reviewed August 1, 2012

This is the best and clean hotel I have ever stayed.Great housekeeping staff they cleanned my room the way I wanted to be always smiling and helpful.Management team to be commanded,the GM is very Quality minded and professional which really speaks the cleaniness and well kept of the hotel.I checked in at around 7pm and the GM was available to assist me if any requirments I had.Very helpful staff always stay at his hotel whenever I am in Town

Room Tip: nice and well kept hotel
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank sandy m
Madison, Wisconsin, United States
Reviewed August 1, 2012

I stayed at the Holiday Inn Express over the weekend. The hotel was very clean and the staff was friendly. The pool was clean and the kids had a lot of fun. We were visiting family and they came with us. We were able to play a game of cards in the lobby/ breakfast area and watch the Olympics. The room was spacious, clean, and had a fridge in it. Overall, a good stay and when we visit family again we will stay here. Plus it is close to the Crossroad Mall and lots of places to eat, which made it easy to get around. Unfortunately while we were there the pancake machine was broken, but they did have great cinnamon rolls.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Mary R
Cambria, California
Reviewed July 29, 2012

This is one of the best hotels I have ever stayed in waterloo area great staff very clean and comfortable rooms.The facility has been well taken care of recommandable for families looking for great and clean place to stay in waterloo.The staff was very helpful specially the front desk and housekeeping,the rooms were cleanned and detailed in every area.Quality was the area to command on very well maintained you dont see this too often in hotels specially when you are in waterloo area

Room Tip: Great Clean Hotel
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank rogar b
Springfield, Illinois
Reviewed July 27, 2012

This is one of the better Holiday Inn Express locations I have stayed in during the past year or so. Facility appeared clean, neat and well-cared for throughout. Both room and bath were spacious enough and the bed was comfortable as well. The small refrigerator in the room was an added bonus. As might be expected, the complimentary breakfast was pretty ordinary. However, that would be the only (slight) down-side to the experience. I would certainly have no problem recommending this location to others even though their room rates seemed to be a bit higher than other options nearby.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank anglophile066
Reviewed July 21, 2012

Nice, clean hotel. Nice rooms, comfortable beds but quite a surprise when the shower wouldn't get above almost cold! Front desk said they would "see about getting us extra points". Not the proper response . . .

• Stayed July 2012
1 Thank Scfuller
Lewisville, Texas
Reviewed July 19, 2012 via mobile

I spent one night at this hotel and enjoyed my stay. My room was nice, with 2 queens I believe. I am very particular about my beds and even though I was tired enough to sleep in a plane seat (maybe I shouldn't go that far), this bed seemed quite comfortable. I would prefer to rate it after a couple more nights but I probably won't be back for a couple of months so for what is worth, I won't dread it when I do go back. The one thing about this hotel that I did not like was, of all things, the lack of hot water--I took a nearly cold shower, at 5am too, so it wasn't that I was the last one either. Hopefully that isn't the norm! It would have been a high 4 if not for this.

Stayed July 2012, traveled on business