“Poor customer service!!!”

steamboat garden
Ranked #37 of 131 Restaurants in Waterloo
Cuisines: American, Bar, Pub
Good for: Dining on a budget, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
“Poor customer service!!!”
Reviewed May 19, 2012

I gave this place a lot of business. I placed a takeout order and the regular sandwich comes on a hoagie bun. They slapped a philly cheesesteak on a hamburger bun without telling me over the phone. My husband picked the order up and when he got home I called them to see why they didn't inform me over the phone. I spoke to two people and they said it wasn't their fault they ran out of buns. That is unacceptable. After about five minutes he offered a $5 gift certificate and was reluctant to do that after arguing me up and down. He said that would "almost" cover one of the phillys next time. Totally unacceptable. I told him to keep it.I explained to him that he would lose a good customer if he didn't rectify the situation and he didn't care. I guess they don't care about their customers and losing business over their own sloppy mistake. We will not go back.

• Visited May 2012

Waterloo, Iowa
“GREAT FRIED FOOD,GREAT PRICES, AND REALLY GREAT SERVICE”
Reviewed March 24, 2012

This is a really nice family restaurant that caters to all ages. This restaurant has been here forever. I read previous reviews and didn't expect a whole lot and was pleasantly surprised. There was no smoke, like you would expect for a bar and grill. The server was really nice and took good care of us. The prices were really cheap. Fried food is fried food no matter where you go. At this place, you get alot of fried food, for your buck and it tastes good. We got onion rings for 4.95, a big basket. A tenderloin and potato salad usually 5.95 was on special for 4.95. If your a beer drinker, they have beer for only a buck a glass or bottle. We travel alot and try to find hidden gems, especially when we go to the bigger cities. Who would have thought we would find a hidden gem in the little old town of Waterloo, Iowa. Try this place you won't be sorry!

• Visited March 2012
“"PIT"-i-ful”
Reviewed March 7, 2012

I still smells like a bar. Booze and cigarette smoke. If you like over cooked food from a deep fat fryer then, this is the place for you. The booths are so old that you need someone to help you get out of the seat because your tushie will be in a "hole". But the older gentlemen at the bar were nice! This place reminds me of the bar in the movie, "Grumpy Old Men". It belongs in the back woods of Minnesota!!

• Visited September 2011
“Great bar food”
Reviewed March 1, 2012

Super tenderloins, burgers, onion rings, and fries.

Visited February 2012
1 Thank Kent M
Waterloo, Iowa
“not as good as it used to be”
Reviewed February 19, 2012

we have been going to the steamboat for almost 40 years now. the food used to be great bar food with some home cooking plates added in. now it's just average. the tenderloins are not the big quality pieces of meat we used to get. the onion rings are still quite good although way overpriced! the atmosphere is so so....the place needs updating and cleaning. wish it was as good as it used to be. if it was, we would go there more often. we do take advantage of their monday and tuesday specials. can't beat the price on those days!

Visited December 2011