“"PIT"-i-ful”

Ranked #49 of 137 Restaurants in Waterloo
Dining options: Late Night
Dining options: Late Night
Reviewed March 7, 2012

I still smells like a bar. Booze and cigarette smoke. If you like over cooked food from a deep fat fryer then, this is the place for you. The booths are so old that you need someone to help you get out of the seat because your tushie will be in a "hole". But the older gentlemen at the bar were nice! This place reminds me of the bar in the movie, "Grumpy Old Men". It belongs in the back woods of Minnesota!!

Reviewed March 1, 2012

Super tenderloins, burgers, onion rings, and fries.

1  Thank Kent M
Reviewed February 19, 2012

we have been going to the steamboat for almost 40 years now. the food used to be great bar food with some home cooking plates added in. now it's just average. the tenderloins are not the big quality pieces of meat we used to get. the onion rings are still quite good although way overpriced! the atmosphere is so so....the place needs updating and cleaning. wish it was as good as it used to be. if it was, we would go there more often. we do take advantage of their monday and tuesday specials. can't beat the price on those days!

1  Thank Dale H
Reviewed February 10, 2012

Food is OK, not what it used to be. The place is emptier than it was in earlier time but that makes it easier to get service. Most weekends they will have a local band of varying types. some are really different. When have you ever heard Last Kiss and Green Door live? We did here, it's comfortable and the atmosphere is easy.

Reviewed February 1, 2012

When I first moved to area Steamboat Garden was always packed and had very good food. The last time I went business was slim to none on a weekend and the food was terrible. I have a a gift certificate that was given to me that I will not use due to the food being so poor.