“Great service and pleasant stay!!”

Isle Casino Hotel Waterloo
Ranked #6 of 15 Hotels in Waterloo
oelwein
“Great service and pleasant stay!!”
Reviewed August 6, 2011

My husband and I have stayed at the hotel a few times and my best friend and I stayed once. I have never had a complaint except for not winning any money and losing too much! Just bad luck on my part. The hotel is always clean.The service is great and the staff are friendly and helpful! The food at the buffet is always good and the price is pretty good for what you get.The waitresses are all great and friendly! I would recommend it to anyone!

Room Tip: The more you go the better deals you get in the mail! Fill out your comment cards!
  • Stayed July 2011, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (35)
Mount Vernon, Iowa
Reviewed July 29, 2011

This was our second trip to the Isle Waterloo and waterpark. We take the kids and get the waterpark package. The hotel itself was very nice, the package included breakfast buffet and a very nice room. The smoke smell was rough, but we expected that. What we didnt expect was the rude check in service. The keys didnt work when we arrived at our room which is no biggie if handled properly. When my wife went back to the front desk the kids and I waited at our door. The lady at the check-in acted put out when my wife explained the situation with the card not working. After a sigh and a "look" she handed her the working key card. All was well until check out the next morning when we were treated with the same rudeness. I am used to casinos in Lake Tahoe and Vegas where they treat you like a guest , not a bother.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank hqsmooth
Cedar Rapids, Iowa
Reviewed July 18, 2011

I stayed for my 21st birthday came down to gamble which was the reason why i drove a hour away came down sober told i had to wait 8 hrs till i could play but i couldn't check in till 4pm so i would have to wake up early in the am and they had no reason to turn my business away they are not understandable and its not worth the money or the stay here
d

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with friends
2 Thank jdcook90
La Crosse, Wisconsin
Reviewed July 15, 2011

This is the last time I'll stay at Waterloo. The service at the hotel was terrible. The front desk was very rude to us during checkin. The casino wasn't too bad, but the quality of games was not very good. The casino isn't very old, but it doesn't look like they're taking care of it well. The waterfall by the entrance wasn't working, and the food areas looked very dirty.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled with friends
2 Thank jcorin
Reviewed June 13, 2011

I travel to Waterloo on business every few months. I really enjoy the casino and hotel here with $5 blackjack tables and extremely nice dealers and pit bosses. The hotel is also a great place to stay. Again, great front desk staff.
Ask the pit boss what he can do for you on a Junior suite that has a whirlpool and HDTV. Rooms are spacious. The buffets are somewhat ordinary but the prices are very good.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled on business
Traer, Iowa
Reviewed April 13, 2011

The reviews are correct about the problems at check in and rooms not being ready. Our first few stayz were great we were in our rooms and no problem. This stay our friends were in their room but ours was not ready (all it needed was an inspection and they only had one on duty). We did not get in our room until almost 5PM. We were told they are training more inspectors but our room hadn't been rented for several days so not sure why it would not have already been inspected. We found the inspector in the hall and asked her to inspect the room.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled with friends
cedar rapids,ia
Reviewed January 23, 2011

I stayed at the Isle Casino Hotel in May, 2010 to hear the Dalai Lama speak at UNI. The front desk service was professional, but not overly friendly. The room was rather large, had a nice desk, flat screen TV and comfortable bed. The bathroom was one of the largest that I had ever seen in a hotel room. The rooms only have showers, no tubs. The wireless internet service was spotty in the room that I had. The hotel had one of the nicest indoor pool areas that I had ever seen in a hotel! Also, it is a long walk from the parking lot to the front door of the hotel. The property and hotel is centered around the casino, which looked nice, but did not gamble on this trip Also, did not patronize the dining establishments, so I cannot comment on those.

I would stay here again if I had to, but there are cheaper options that are just as nice in Waterloo/Cedar Falls.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled on business