“Worth The Drive”
Review of Cafe Dodici

Cafe Dodici
Reserve with OpenTable
Cafe Dodici is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #1 of 16 Restaurants in Washington
Cuisines: International
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Welcome to Cafe Dodici, a restaurant with a mission to represent the essence of its own definition: "to restore". The intended goal of Lorraine Williams, her Italian husband, Alessandro Scipioni and Tsalika Rich is to offer more than simply a place to eat; they want to give the gift of good, wholesome food, served with the purpose of replenishing energy in an enjoyable and refined dining environment. Our restaurant's goal is to be a fulfilling dining experience on every level. Food unites families, friends and people of all backgrounds around a table; it is food that keeps your body, mind and soul healthy, rejuvenated and happy. Cafe Dodici takes pride in the quality of its food; in order for us to enjoy the life essence of what we eat, we take particular measures to ensure that our foods' natural, nourishing qualities are respected in the cooking process.
Reviewed December 12, 2012

Don't miss this gem if you're driving across Iowa. Located just 29 miles south of Iowa City you'll find a fantastic restaurant featuring some of the best Italian food anywhere in America and this is not an exaggeration. The comfortable dining room is welcoming and located on a quaint, town square. The owner grew up in Washington, Iowa but spent 25 years in Italy before coming home to care for her aging father. She brought a little bit of Italy with her to liven her home town and to share with her guests. Just can't say enough good things about Dodici (12) but we're sure if we tried we could come up with twelve.

Reviewed September 29, 2012

We were visiting my brother and his wife in Ottumwa. They said we just had to go to this restaurant. We made reservations and stopped there on the way to the airport in Cedar Rapids, to head back home in Tucson, AZ. From the moment we walked through the door, there was a WOW factor going in. Elegant is the word that comes to mind. Decor, setting, mood, and the music playing were all fabulous. We were shown right to our table, and the waiter we had was outstanding. Very attentive, right there when we needed anything, but not intrusive. We ordered off the special menu (in support of Planned Parenthood. We really appreciate local businesses getting positively involved in worthwhile local causes !!!!). Started off with Cream of Sweet potato soup. It was so good, I could have made a meal of just that, and bread (which was also very good). I even kidded with the waiter that I was going to lick my bowl clean. Entree was a pork tenderloin, in a blueberry sauce. Didn't know if I would like that, but I tell you, it was fantastic. Meat was cooked to perfection and the sauce really complimented it. Veggies were fresh, and cooke just right and the potatoes were seasoned perfectly. The three course dinner came with desert, and I ordered the Chocolate Triffle. Wow. was that good. Latte for afterdinner, and I was in heaven. My brother had the 8 oz flilte, his wife had the Chicken Roulades, which were wonderful (I had a bite). My wife had a pasta dish, chicken ravioli in a white cream sauce (had a bite of that too). Fantastic. The owner, Lorraine Williams, came over to our table at the end of the meal and chatted with us about the restaurant and her background, and the tremendous contributions she had made to the community. Very impressive. The only downside is that we live in Tucson, and this restaurant is in Washington, Iowa. If we lived closer, we would be a regular !!!! This is a can't miss place.

Reviewed September 23, 2012

We stumbled upon Cafe Dodici as we passed through Washington, Iowa. For those of you who have not been to this small town in Iowa....there is really not a lot going on but I would definately dine here again. Cafe is located on main square in town which has been renovated in the last few years. They own a little shop next door that serves various treats and beverages. It was an older crowd with a lot of wine being enjoyed at most of the tables. Felt a bit under dressed in jeans and a sweatshirt but was still made to feel welcome. Food was very good but definately a liitle more expensive than what you would expect to find in the area. If you are looking for a good meal, with a nice atmosphere and don't mind spending a little extra money.......Cafe Dodici is worth a look.

Reviewed September 10, 2012

Not much to add to the other reviews. The kudos are well deserved. We were looking for an upscale business dinner on a Monday night. They are usually closed on Monday's, but they opened up just for our party of 14. An outstanding experience.

Reviewed August 26, 2012

I've eaten at Cafe Dodici two or three times and haven't been disappointed yet. My first visit was with a party of 16 to celebrate my mother's 90th birthday. They were very accommodating of her food restrictions, and it was nice to know the food was prepared with fresh, often locally grown ingredients. Just today, two years later, we went back with a party of four and experienced the same friendly service and delicious, freshly prepared food.