All reviews gas station parking lot biscuits and gravy hard boiled eggs room was clean indoor pool waffles road trip two queen beds waffle maker main building front desk clerk council bluffs hot breakfast first floor nice stay would stay again
Selected filters
Reviewed June 26, 2019

Rely on TripAdviser to choose places to stay. Reserved for two nights. Spent very little time in the room the first night and though the room was clean though there was a strange smell in the room. Possibly the air conditioner? Or maybe some room deodorant they use. The second night my GF got physically ill from the oder. We packed up and left at midnight for the four hour trip home. The further we got to home the better she felt. We travel extensively and stay in numerous brand motels. This one ranks as one of our worst experiences.

Date of stay: June 2019
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
1  Thank gdeinia
Tina M, Guest Relations Manager at Super 8 by Wyndham Walnut, responded to this reviewResponded June 27, 2019

gdeinia,

Thank you for letting us know about the inconveniences that you encountered during your
recent stay at our hotel. We would like to express our apologies for the strange smelled and wish we had known during your stay so that we could have taken action to remedy this issue. I hope it will not deter you from experiencing our improvements in the future.

Reviewed June 24, 2019 via mobile

Stayed at this inn, when visiting family in area
Nice quite , clean , very very friendly and helpful staff , just what we needed .. love that done have to drive to far to get some thing to eat .... over all very very impressed

Date of stay: June 2019
Trip type: Traveled with family

Thank you funapril69 , your review is very impressive to us . It is very rewarding to hear your perspective of our hotel and we appreciate that you have acknowledged our efforts to provide a clean, comfortable, and hospitable experience. We look forward to serving you again and giving you another five star experience.

Have a great a head from the general manager of Super 8 by Wyndham Walnut.

Reviewed May 17, 2019

First off, if you read Trubie T's review, go find a Men in Black agent and have them zap your memory. Leave yourself a note to go read everyone else's reviews above hers. I have no idea what she based her review off but I can't imagine how it's accurate in any way.

I checked in extremely late at night during a thunderstorm (that later turned to a snow storm) and I was setting myself up for the perfect horror movie film type of night. However, as soon as I got to my room I was put at ease.

The room was ginormous...probably the biggest hotel room I've ever had to myself. Certainly bigger than any hotel room needs to be unless you have a family of 14. There was so much room for activities!

The bed was comfortable. The room was clean. The bathroom was spotless and everything functioned as it should. I feel the need to say that last part because there are hotels where you'd expect a toilet to flush, a bathtub to drain, and they don't. This place had no issues.

The staff and owner were all very friendly. The night person was a little strange because he didn't talk much but he was very kind.

There was a fire in one of the other buildings (this property has three buildings in total) and a lot of the debris has been pushed to the pool as a catch-all because there's a good chance it won't be used again. The pool was in a structure that was attached between the main building and the middle structure, so you can understand why there's so much debris in the pool.

If you're looking for a place in the middle of nowhere at a good price and you can feel safe, check this place out. I would stay there a million nights if I had the option. Heck, the room was so large I could literally move in with my family and build a kitchen. My wife would hate it but I'm just saying, it's that big.

THE END.

Room tip: No elevator -- get a first floor room if needed.
Date of stay: April 2019
  • Trip type: Traveled on business
Tina M, Guest Relations Manager at Super 8 by Wyndham Walnut, responded to this reviewResponded May 19, 2019

It is such a compliment to receive such a wonderful rating. Thank you for taking the time to share about your experience with us and we hope to see you again very soon.

Reviewed May 16, 2019

Nice staff, rooms are relatively clean but the property is pretty dated. Looks like they had some fire damage in one of the buildings (not the one we stayed in). Lots of fire debris in the pool. Not much of a breakfast to speak of. Not much in Walnut. Diner in the parking lot was pretty good.

Date of stay: May 2019
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
1  Thank ajclay
Tina M, Guest Relations Manager at Super 8 by Wyndham Walnut, responded to this reviewResponded May 17, 2019

ajclay,

Thank you for your kind comments and review regarding our high standards of cleanliness and
hospitality of Super 8 by Wyndham Walnut. It is also important to us to hear from you on the pool issues that you experienced so that they can be quickly addressed. We greatly appreciate the time you've taken to rate our hotel and we look forward to your next visit.

Reviewed May 12, 2019 via mobile

After reading the last review, I was scared, but my visit was anything but scary. Room layout was different, but I just stayed here, not moved in. It was clean and the beds were comfortable. The pool is out of commission due to a fire, but its been raining enough, I've seen enough water. Breakfast was ok. Staff was very nice and friendly.

Date of stay: May 2019
Trip type: Traveled with family
Tina M, Guest Relations Manager at Super 8 by Wyndham Walnut, responded to this reviewResponded May 12, 2019

Hello 264kyran,

Greetings from Super 8 by Wyndham Walnut Hotel. It is very rewarding to hear your perspective of our hotel and we appreciate that you have acknowledged our efforts to provide a clean, comfortable, and hospitable experience. Thank you so much for sharing this wonderful review and we look forward to seeing you again soon.