“Best Super 8 I've stayed at”
Review of Super 8 Walnut

Super 8 Walnut
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Walnut
Orangeville, Illinois
“Best Super 8 I've stayed at”
Reviewed May 20, 2012

I deliver trucks throughout the US, I stay at a lot of Motels many are Super 8's. Walnut Super 8 is by far the cleanest and nicest yet, friendly service and a chocolate chip cookie at check in. Knowing that we would be on the road early (6am) the clerk had breakfast ready for us and a couple of others early. That was very much appreciated. Had a great down home feel. The business card says Sue Shepherd is the General Manager, thank you Sue and your staff, I will be back, and I will pass this info on to other drivers.
Oh yes, about 50 feet from the motel is a restaurant, EMMA JEAN'S. Even though they are under construction they were serving a limited selection of pizza and sandwiches, I had the pulled pork, actually two sandwiches packed with pork, it was delicious. The owner came over and welcomed us and gave us a tour of the construction area, this is going to be a first class place with a conference room, bar and occasional buffet. Looking at the beautiful oak wood work the owner is not holding back... this will be a first class dining establishment. Can't wait to see what's on the new menu.
ARP

Room Tip: had room 108 and was very satisfied
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
Midland, Texas
Reviewed April 30, 2012

this motel is one of the cleanest and niceest motels I have been in, in a long time and the price was easy on the walet.

Room Tip: any room all room,s are clean & neet
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled on business
Coquille, Oregon
Reviewed October 12, 2011

Not the best Super 8 I've stayed in. Seems a bit run down, but I couldn't make it to Lincoln as planned because of nasty weather. Biggest complaint is noise: plumbing and people in the next room. Otherwise it was OK.

Major plus was that they take dogs.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled solo
Lakewood, Colorado
Reviewed October 6, 2011

rm 120, k, n/s
The short version: As motels are in the hospitality business, a friendly welcome would be a nice minimum start with a customer. The long version: On this occassion, on asking the clerk if a coupon could be used, she stated, "only if it isn't expired"; then upon presenting the coupon, the clerk
stated, "It's not in my job description to cut it out". Somewhat taken aback, I was not
sure if I was to provide a scissors or if one would be produced. I then removed the page
with the coupon, folding it so only the needed coupon was showing. This proved to be
unacceptable to the clerk, who then took the page and roughly tore out the coupon.
Check-in was smooth after that, until asked where one might eat other than the
McDonald's next door. The clerk shrugged her shoulders as if she had no clue even
though there were two restaurant fliers on the counter which my husband had just picked up.
Then the clerk recommended one of the two.(it was a good recommendation)

All- round average for a Super 8 (clean, nice pool, full breakfast) with one significant minus--
soundproofing between rooms is poor (next room tv & plumbing easily heard). Motel
choices in Walnut are limited to two; I'm inclinded to try the other one if I have another
occassion when Walnut is at the end of the day.

Room Tip: away from highway
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple
2 Thank davontheroad
Franklin, Illinois, USA
Reviewed July 30, 2011

This hotel is showing a lot of wear, but was still a decent, clean place to stay. We were traveling and just needed a clean bed and bath. Staff was pleasant.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled as a couple
Ashland, Wisconsin
Reviewed July 2, 2011

We arrived late and had our dog. The rate charged seemed a bit higher then expected - I had looked at Lincoln, NE as our travel goal, but we didn't get that far. The people were very friendly and nice and the room was large as well as the dog exercise area outside. Breakfast bar was very adequate. If we were travelling through again, I would consider another stay.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with family
Indianapolis, Indiana
Reviewed March 1, 2011

We rarely stay in super 8's but had no other choice. Positives: clean, better then normal breakfast, nice size room. Negatives: no fitted sheets on bed, tried to charge us 10 dollars for two persons staying in room instead of just one as listed on our reservation, very noisy plumbing, paid as much as we would have at a comfort or best western hotel. Bottom line- if you are passing through and want a basic but clean hotel stay
here- if you have another option or are a light sleeper do not stay here.

• Stayed March 2011
Also consider these accommodations in or near Walnut
Cobblestone Inn and Suites Avoca
Econo Lodge Inn & Suites Walnut
Motel 6 Avoca
Motel 6 Avoca
#1 of 3 in Avoca

Been to Super 8 Walnut? Share your experiences!