“New restaurant in Walnut, IA on I-80 Exit 46”
Review of Emma Jean's

Emma Jean's
Ranked #2 of 8 Restaurants in Walnut
Cuisines: American
Description: Under construction, but excellent food and plenty of it. Will have bar, dinning room w/ occasional buffet and a conference room. Will be 1st class. Nice owner. pulled pork, actually two sandwiches packed with pork, it was delicious. The owner came over and welcomed us and gave us a tour of the construction area, this is going to be a first class place with a conference room, bar and occasional buffet. Looking at the beautiful oak wood work the owner is not holding back... this will be a first class dining establishment. Can't wait to see what's on the new menu.
Reviewed September 4, 2012

Over labor day weekend we had family visitors so we took them out to eat at Walnut's newest restaurant called Emma Jean's. My husband & I had ate there previously and had a good experience. They have remodeled it and it is now in 3 sections. They only have the first section open at present....in there they have a full bar and menu with daily specials. They will soon be opening the middle section and in there plan a large salad bar. They do have tables in that section if you want to book a party. Our party of 7 were all pleased with their food and we especially liked the ice cold frosted mugs of beer! Three of us had their steak sandwich and all of them said the meat was so tender and good. My husband and I had the supreme pizza and it was excellent. I would recommend this restaurant.

Reviewed July 1, 2012

I recently had an opportunity to eat at this restaurant. It is a place for basic Vilage Inn type fare with some surprises.. I had the sloppy Joe's and Fries.. Tasted like a man-wich, but it was all very good food and worth the price (about $10)... If you are staying at the Super 8 next door, go ahead and try the food there.. Much better than the McDonalds next door and the people are super friendlly!! I would eat here again if I was looking for a quick bite..