All reviews waffles stay there again needed a place to stay great owners wonderful stay hard boiled eggs budget hotel beds were comfortable i highly recommend this hotel off the highway king bed council bluffs des moines walnuts cereal westbound colorado
Selected filters
Reviewed April 15, 2019

This hotel is right off I 80, and has parking for an RV
friendly helpful staff
very nice spacious room with tv and king bed.
wifi worked too
nice hot breakfast with waffles and hard cooked eggs, yum
close to convenience store to get snacks
very memorable experience here, thanks !

Room tip: has several floors so may want to ask for specific floor; no stairs etc.
Date of stay: April 2019
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 30, 2018

We stopped in here after a late night with friends in Des Moines on our way back west. This was an excellent roadside stop. Hotel amenities for a motel price. Very strong WiFI and comfortable beds at this roadside stop.

Date of stay: December 2017
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 5, 2018 via mobile

Room was clean and met the basic needs. WiFi hardly worked at all and also had issues with TV that were resolved. Breakfast was the classic Carb bar. Did have hard boiled eggs but no meat for protein.

Date of stay: August 2018
Trip type: Traveled with family
Reviewed July 28, 2018

We were passing through on our way to Colorado and arrived after 10 pm. We left by 8 am the next morning. For the cost, it met our needs. However, if we were staying any longer, I would be highly disappointed. The towels were very small and thin. The room and beds were fine. No in room coffee maker. Breakfast was ok - nothing remarkable. The man at the front desk was there upon our arrival and departure. He was very pleasant. For the price, it met our needs.

Date of stay: July 2018
  • Trip type: Traveled with family
Reviewed July 28, 2018

Front desk representative was pleasant and kind. What little I saw of the guest lobby was pleasant, I liked the PIANO in there and wished I could play it. Walnut, the town was beautiful and PEACEFUL. Id go back to the town if there was a better place to stay.It seemed the manager, not the desk attendant could care less that I had no internet service and was aware that my room was unable to get service. When I took my service dog into the lobby to try to get on the internet to do business she made me leave saying the owner of the hotel would not like a dog being there, even though I paid for the dog to be an overnight guest.
The room I was given was clean enough but it stunk of mold and I have allergic reactions to mold. I couldn't wait to get out of the room and spent as much time outside as I could but I had to sleep in that mold and expose myself to those horrid spores. I had a long drive thru IOWA the next day and needed to sleep. Which was magical in the end. But I dare not ask for a new room or meet the path of the manager. Or the hotel owner, I was not sure which was worse.
I don't know about the 2nd floor but the 1st floor was horrid.
Later driving away, I heard a radio piece about the floods in northwest Iowa that spring, pays to pay attention to national news!

Room tip: ask for 2nd floor and enjoy the picnic area outside in the back.
Date of stay: July 2018