“Hotel needs attention” 2 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in Walcott
Lincoln
“Hotel needs attention”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 25, 2013

Loud train right outside our room. TV wouldn't sell for $10 at a garage sale. Parking lot light shined into our room. A/C would not run enought to cool the room.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
      Sleep Quality
Review collected in partnership with Days Inn

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
Harrisburg, Pennsylvania
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 26, 2013

While unplugging our own alarm clock, discovered a condom wrapper tossed behind the night stand. The towels looked like rags, super thin and small.

The curtains were held closed with hangers, and the outside side door wasn't locked or secured in any way, we arrived pretty late.

I asked for something from the cleaning people, and they didn't speak very good English and could barely understand me. The hallway reaked of cigarrete smoke. I would not stay there again.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
      Sleep Quality
1 Thank Francine90356
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 13, 2013

If it wasn't for the PGA being close by we would it have stayed here but it was our last resort. I have never had to pay by person before at any hotel and they charged me for all my family and still crammed us into 2 beds ( 7 of us) $119 I have stayed at a 4 star for that price. When I tried to talk to them about it they were so rude that they made me cry. ( my husband reserved room) Room was disgusting, hot and had hangers on the curtains to keep them closed. Toilet is crooked and I was so afraid to sit on it because I felt like I was going to fall through. Couldn't sleep all night because it felt like bugs were crawling on me. I swear next time I will sleep in my van with my children in a truck stop and chance getting robbed before I stay here. And honestly Days Inn my butt. Sure doesn't live up to its standards. I can't even tell you about the pool or breakfast or the shower because we got the heck out of here as soon as he sun comes up. Oh and costumer is right nope not in this case. I was hoping to get sympathy in my long day and maybe they would understand and I got attitude and a I don't care. Thx days inn.

• Stayed July 2013
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
Jayesh P, General Manager at Days Inn Walcott Davenport, responded to this review, July 21, 2013
First of all, when your husband came to the front desk, he lied and said there were only 2 people in the room. Later, I found out there were actually 7 people in the room, not 2. So we called and asked them to pay the difference for the other 5 people, which they did, thanks for that. We don't know why they complained about the room. Everything is up to standard in the room. and as for the $119, it was the busiest night of the year due to the Truckers Jamboree so the room rates were exceptionally high.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Walcott
Comfort Inn Walcott near Davenport
Comfort Inn & Suites Davenport
Days Inn Davenport IA
Days Inn Davenport IA
#20 of 25 in Davenport
Holiday Inn Express & Suites Davenport North
Baymont Inn & Suites Davenport
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Davenport

Been to Days Inn Walcott Davenport? Share your experiences!