“SAVE YOUR MONEY!” 1 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in Walcott
Swansea, il
“SAVE YOUR MONEY!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 5, 2012

We had two rooms this past weekend and it was one nightmare after another. The rooms were filthy and smelled. We took showers and after walking on the carpet for only 5 minutes the bottoms of our feet were black. I made coffee in the in-room coffee pot and could not drink it because of all the film and gunk the floated to the top of my cup. We pulled the sheets down to got to bed and found a DEAD WORM in the middle of the bed. We asked for clean bedding and after an hour had to go down and complain again. They handed them to us, did not offer to put them on, and made excuses instead of apologizing. A half hour before check out my kids and I were blow drying our hair trying to get out the door to a reunion and the power went out in our room. They finally got it back on after 20 minutes but we were already late. To top it all off, they charged me $20 more than what they told me on the phone when I made the reservation. It is BY FAR the worst place I have EVER stayed and I travel frequently.

Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Brandi C

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
Traverse City, Michigan
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 3, 2012

This was one of the dirtiest motels I have EVER stayed at! The window was dirty with big spots of paint and had to pry the window opened since a/c wasnt working....curtains were ripped in the back and it smelled BAD.We asked for another room with a working phone and cleaner but the second room was just as bad.We asked to see a room at check-in but was informed that wasnt possible(now I know why)but only stayed there because the room was booked on-line as we traveled I-80.The health dept.needs to take a look at this place cuz I wouldnt allow my enemy or animals to stay at this Days Inn.I've seen cleaner kennels for my pets.Save Your $$$ and sleep at a rest area!!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Roseanne26

Travelers are raving about these Walcott hotels

Pipestone, Minnesota, United States
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 9, 2012

this was the dirtiest motel. sheets were stained as was the pillows. my wife did not
want to walk barefoot on the dirty carpet. the breakfast was very good. the evening
staff did not speak very much english.

make it non-smoking. the halls smelled.

Room Tip: maybe look at the room first. make it a non-smoking hotel.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
Michigan
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 29, 2012

This motel is a basic property - no frills, light breakfast included, good clean indoor pool. We had
special needs and the found the manager to be very accommodating, and all of the staff
most helpful all 3 days we stayed. If you're looking for clean, basic service at a decent rate,
stay here. I'm glad we did.

Room Tip: Let the staff know what your needs are and ask for recommendations. They're very helpful.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
3 Thank MichiganDirector
Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 3, 2011

The staff was very inviting and helpful and the hotel was very clean and tidy. I am a trucker and I stay at a lot of hotels, but I always come back to this one! Thank you :)

• Stayed November 2011, traveled solo
3 Thank Sergey K
Oak Brook, Illinois
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 25, 2011

We stayed at Days Inn in Walcott last weekend while visiting family. The rooms were clean, breakfast was great, and the staff was very friendly. They have an indoor swimming pool which is plus. I would go back for sure. It is a really good value.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled with family
2 Thank Anna P
Jayesh P, Manager at Days Inn Walcott Davenport, responded to this review, November 2, 2011
Thanks for write review.We do appreciate it.
NE USA
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 13, 2011

Filthy. Worst of the worst. To call this place a dump would be insulting to dumps everywhere. Avoid at all costs. I would risk dying on a freeway in Iowa falling asleep at the wheel before I stayed here again.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled on business
3 Thank Tofu_4_u
Also consider these accommodations in or near Walcott
Comfort Inn Walcott near Davenport
Comfort Inn & Suites Davenport
Holiday Inn Express & Suites Davenport North
Baymont Inn & Suites Davenport
Days Inn Davenport IA
Days Inn Davenport IA
#20 of 25 in Davenport
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Davenport

Been to Days Inn Walcott Davenport? Share your experiences!