“Do not stay beware I stay 6o times a year worst experiance ever!”

Comfort Inn Walcott near Davenport
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Walcott
Reviewed March 24, 2013

We stayed spring break checked in about ten pm. Nice desk person didnt ask how many people we had(6). I asked for a 3 bed suite they didnt have any, We got 2 kings and a roll away. Nice desk person said breakfast was told ten am. I checked in hotel book it also said 10 am for breakfast have a pic of book. We paid cash so they asked for a extra $100.00 depost I was fine with that. got up in am 4 of my party went down for breakfast before nine my mother in law brother in law and two of my kids they were rushed and trated very bad by staff putting the food away while they were trying to get food and eat not knowing why, I got down there about 9:15 and they had put away the food I was pissed. hotel was noisy due to trucks but I epected some noise they do need better noise buffers or and insulation. The Rude staff in dinning room also barged in our room my wife told him 4 times we were in here before he backed out of our room. When I went to the front desk to check out and get my deposit the manager or owner was rude then asked me how many people were in our room said 4 adults we eating breakfast again it was 2 adults and 2 kids. I told him we had 6 people he said our check in said 2 adults and 2 children I told him your clerk didnt ask how many people we had and if he needed to charge us more that was fine and that I was pissed off already that his clerk and his book says breakfast ended at ten. He said cleark didnt tell me that and I told him his book said the same again he said no thats not what it says I told him I have a pic of his book on my phone if he wanted to see it. He then asked if all my people were out of the room and made me stand there for ten mins while his rude help walked up stairs counted pillows wash clothes ect and checked room before he would refund my $100.00 by they way the food was dried out and hardly worth eating. I do recomend the I 80 truck stop and free will donation truck musem awsome thats why we stayed at the hotel in the first place. I left them a fair donation please due the same.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Brett K
comfortinnwalcottia, Webmaster at Comfort Inn Walcott near Davenport, responded to this reviewResponded April 8, 2013

Dear Guest,

• Breakfast staff received additional training in in the courteous, helpful manner and ready to open and close at the time designated.

• Front desk staff received additional training in the courteous, helpful manner in which they are to treat our valued guests.

I hope that the next time you visit our area; you will once again choose to stay at Comfort Inn Walcott, IA. I think you will be greatly pleased. We shall look forward to welcoming you back.

Reviewed January 26, 2013

I'm not picky about most things but this experience was bad on all levels so I'm compelled to write this review. The staff was nice but the manager/owner was a joke. My wife and I stayed at this hotel with our 6 month old baby girl. I was surprised at how poorly insulated the walls were. We could hear conversations from surrounding rooms and walking from the room above us. The walls had cracks and small holes especially around the electrical outlets with the outlet box exposed, not sure if that's up to code. There were different colors of paint splattered on the wall and stains on the carpet. Oh, well we were just looking for a place to sleep since the interstate was all but shut down. We woke up in the morning to no water pressure. The showers didn't work and the toilets didn't flush. We received 3 different explanations from 3 different employees. I won't go into detail about the obnoxious noise the room's heater made but suffice it to say it was obnoxious. I talked to the hotel manager and he refused to discount our bill but instead TOLD me he created a choice hotels account for me and put 10,000 points on it. He had no interest in remedying the situation. He almost seemed upset that I was asking for a discount due to his plumbing not working. I understand things happen but the way this manager handled it was very unprofessional. He had no intention of losing a dollar of his money and pushed a rewards program that has no affect on his bottom line. Still, I didn't push it and thought I'd see what the points could get me, maybe a free night in the future. I received my rewards card and can't say I was surprised when I saw my name was mis-spelled. Oh, and there are 840 points on the account, not 10,000. I'm a third of the way to a magazine subscription. Icing on the cake. I'm not sure I'll ever stay at a one of these hotels in the future. I've had good experiences in the past with this chain but if this is considered acceptable they won't see another dime from me.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank klondikecalhoun
comfortinnwalcottia, Webmaster at Comfort Inn Walcott near Davenport, responded to this reviewResponded February 9, 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing Comfort Inn Walcott, IA for your recent stay in our area. I am sorry it was not the pleasant stay you and your employees had anticipated.

• Management and maintenance were approached about the problem of poorly insulated the walls, Cracks and holes in the walls, stains on the carpet in the room assign to you and instructed to see to its repair or replacement.

• Staff received our commendation in the courteous, helpful manner in which they treated you our valued guests.

• Manager received additional training in the courteous, helpful manner in which they are to treat our valued guests.

We take our reviews very seriously. I hope that the next time you visit our area; you will once again choose to stay at Comfort Inn Walcott, IA . I think you will be greatly pleased.

Reviewed November 8, 2012

I found this hotel quite OK, and DEF not as bad as the other reviews. There was a little confusion about my checkout date and I was missed for maid service, although when done it was done well.
Staff was OK, but not particuarly friendly. Breakfast was fair. No business center. Decent rest/bar next door.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed November 8, 2012

The Manager at the front desk (Mark) made us feel like family during our stay. We always stay at this Hotel if we are in the area. I highly recommend it.The locationis perfect for us and the parking is more than adequate for our big trucks

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed November 8, 2012

If you enjoy the throaty rumble of diesel engines and their resultant fumes--this is the place for you!! This property is in the middle of a giant truck stop on I-80. If Iowa is the heartland of the USA, then the Walcott Comfort Inn is the arm pit! Noisy all the time, obviously truckers need a place to do their necessary service--but putting a hotel in the middle of this activity, AND let alone brand it as a Comfort Inn is a disservice to travelers. Would have been better to brand this property as a Motel Six! Never ever stay unless your caught in a tornado or massive snow/ice storm. Towels were thin as tissue paper. Breakfast adequate at best--not a spot we'll revist for sure!

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank Werdna B
Reviewed November 1, 2012

My husband stayed at hotel in September, very noisy in rear of hotel. Next morning, complained to front desk who did not seem to care, and said "when you come back, ask for a front room!"... So why didn't they offer that when he checked in. And no discount offered!!!
AND they charged him for a "missing pillow", disputed charges with our CC company, hotel will not refund our $32 for a pillow....! (I also noted another review that had been charged for a missing pillow). Talked to front desk, and he was very insulting and basically said that the charges had been resolved with the CC company, there was no documentation of his complaints, and there was nothing he would do for us. NEVER stay at this hotel.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled solo
5  Thank ruthbrown27

Dear Guest,

• Front desk received additional training in the courteous, helpful manner in which they are to treat our valued guests.

Reviewed October 21, 2012

My husband and I attend the University of Iowa home football games each year. We have been staying at Comfort Inn in Walcott, Iowa for the last 4 - 5 years. We would like to let you know that we would highly recommend this hotel to everyone. The rooms are clean, the breakfast is above average, and the staff is very courtious and helpful. We have reservations in Walcott for the rest of the season, 4 more weekends, and are looking foreward to staying in Walcott next year and for the years to come. Sending to hotel as compliment

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with friends
Also consider these accommodations in or near Walcott
Days Inn Walcott Davenport
Comfort Inn & Suites Davenport
Baymont Inn & Suites Davenport
Quality Inn and Suites Davenport
Days Inn Davenport IA
Days Inn Davenport IA
#22 of 26 in Davenport

Been to Comfort Inn Walcott near Davenport? Share your experiences!