“Efficient cost-effective friendly local hotel” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Cobblestone Inn and Suites Vinton

Cobblestone Inn and Suites Vinton
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Vinton
“Efficient cost-effective friendly local hotel”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 28, 2013 via mobile

We have stayed here a few times now and always found the hotel and staff friendly and efficient
Breakfast is complimentary and adequate.
Wifi is free but variable in reliability so bring your own hot spot if planning to work
Upgraded rooms are comfortably with large comfortable bed and hot tub
Small bar area if you need a drink up until midnight

• Stayed July 2013
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
GMvinton, General Manager at Cobblestone Inn and Suites Vinton, responded to this review, September 4, 2013
I would like to thank you for taking the time to write this review.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 17, 2013

First of all, why build a new hotel and not have a swimming pool??? We arrived on a Tuesday afternoon. I get checked in and the receptionist shows us to our room. Apparently, they were rekeying the rooms but didn't finish. So, I am told that I need to pick up the phone at the front desk and call someone to let us in our room every time we leave and return. She has a tool that pops off a protective cover to use the key... I ask if there are any rooms that were already done. She checks and finds us a room. We walk in and there is a wire hanging from the door with a 9 volt battery dangling from it. Obviously, this room hasn't been completely finished. It took several swipes each time just to get in my room. We turn on the TV and cable isn't working. We run to a store next door and buy movies. Start watching and the DVD remote doesn't work. About 9:00 that night, cable starts working. At the same time, a worker knocks on our door wanting to finish working on the door lock. Seriously??? 9:00p.m.????? We had company leave our room at 9:30 that night, and all employees were sitting outside at the picnic table smoking and visiting. The continental breakfast was less than desirable the next morning. Very few choices and really not very good. I have a child with special needs. I left my oldest child watching her so I could check out. Within a couple minutes of checking out, that employee was already coming into our room..."oh, you haven't left, yet??" So disappointed in this hotel. Will make the drive from Cedar Rapids next time!!!!

• Stayed July 2013
1 Thank lbollin13
I certainly appreciate you taking the time to write a review concerning your resent stay at our hotel. i was sorry to read we failed to meet your expectations in several areas. It is our goal to consistently provide the highest quality in both product and service, and it is vital to our continued success to know when we have fallen short of our own high standards. Let me simply say that all of us at the Cobblestone Inn and Suites are committed to providing a much better and more pleasant experience for our guests than what you had the misfortune of experiencing.

Again, thank you for taking the time to write. I sincerely hope that you will allow us another opportunity to demonstrate our true level of hospitality and interest in serving you properly.
Indiana, United States
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 14, 2013

We've stayed here twice since the place opened and the experiences were different.

The first time the prices I reserved online matched our receipt; the second time they did not even when I made an injury about it. Being there for funeral I simply didn't have the energy to pursue it further.

The first time there was a limited item breakfast buffet that ran out; the second time the buffet had been expanded to include a sausage gravy and it didn't run out. We seemed to have the same amount of guests each time based on who we saw and the number of cars in the parking lot.

The first time we has a spider problem in our room -- ongoing we were told -- but we were given a discount and they weren't very big; the second time no spiders at all.

The first time every thing from check-in to check out ran smoothly; the second time they just could not get the room cards to work and so only one of our cards worked at any given time.

The rooms were clean on each visit and the microwave and frig (not mini sized but larger tan that) were a plus. The amount of in-room storage was ideal. Each time the staff was very responsive and friendly.

If not for the other problems, it would be a great place to stay. Vinton needs more options though.

Room Tip: The hotel is used a lot by construction crews so make sure you get a lower level room to avoid the d...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Guest service is our number one goal at Cobblestone Inn and Suites. It was apparent to me, while reading your review, that we fell short of this goal when you were our guest. It is through concerned guests, such as yourself, that we gain insight into areas of our business that require attention, areas that may have otherwise gone unnoticed. Please accept my sincere apologies for the inconveniences you experienced while our guest.
mn
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 25, 2012

1. There was a notice at the check-in desk to not use the hotel water for 24 hours - and on inquiry, I was told that E Coli had been detected in the water. But no complementary drinking water was made available - and no ice was available at all. I was told to buy drinking water if I wanted to drink any.
2. At the time of making the reservation (1 hour before checkin), I was told that a hot breakfast with sausage, eggs and toast would be available. That was the reason I picked the place, as I was travelling with my daughter who is on a gluten free diet. But at breakfast the next day, they only had biscuits and gravy. After complaining about it, I was offered sausage - which arrived a few minutes later 50% burnt. Only half of it was even edible.
3. There is no elevator to get to the 2nd floor - which would usually not be a big deal, except I had a sleeping kid to carry up stairs, in addition to a suitcase.
4. The builiding is new and the rooms are spacious, but that did not make up for the absence of drinking water.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
Columbus, Ohio
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 31, 2011

community had a high wind storm which destroyed many of the beautiful mature trees here. Hotel lost some siding but when we were there, everything was in good shape. Hotel was very pleasant, staff were very accommodating. Had a nice little bar, similar to the hyatt place plan. Nice breakfast and a nice patio out front to bbq. Had a laundry which was great, but the treadmill was in the laundry room, which is ok for my house, but not the hotel. I didn't see a pool anywhere. Great biking and hiking trail nearby. Hotel wasn't the least expensive but anywhere we went in Vinton was a bargain and certainly made it easy to go out and about.

Room Tip: I believe they offer whirlpool rooms, kings and queens.
  • Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank bgould1001
Wabasha, Minnesota
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 10, 2011

This is a very cute hotel with a very professional staff that will do anything for you. The manager even drove us downtown to have some drinks. Rooms have great beds, refrig, microwaves, and 32" flat pannels. If you are staying in the Vinton This is the hotel for you.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled on business
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 7, 2011

Great place to stay if you happen to need to stay in Vinton. The rooms are very comfortable, clean and are equipped with mini fridge and microwave. The complimentary breakfast easily rivals those of larger chain hotels and even has a very small bar should you want a beer or some wine. The staff is very friendly and courteous which, unfortunatly, is hard to find these days.

• Stayed February 2011