New! Find and book your ideal hotel on TripAdvisor — and get the lowest prices

Modern Motel
Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in Vinton
“Cute”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 11, 2014 via mobile

Very comfortable and clean. Newly updated & pet friendly. It was very cost effecient & they gave me a discounted rate for extended stay. I would certainly stay there again if the need arose. The owner was very friendly & I loved my room!

Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
Rusty W, Owner at Modern Motel, responded to this review, June 13, 2014
Thank you for your review of Modern Motel. My commitment to improving Modern Motel is never finished.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
Escondido, California
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 4, 2014 via mobile

The staff was nice, but this place is a dump. Newly renovated must have only brought it into the 1970s, because everything is old, musty, and dated looking. No amenities at all except the pizza hut across the street. Go further down the street, trust me.

Stayed April 2014, traveled with friends
Rusty W, Owner at Modern Motel, responded to this review, June 6, 2014
Thank you for your review of Modern Motel. I recently purchased Modern Motel in December 2013. The property had undergone extensive remodeling on the exterior by the prior owner. I have been focusing on the interior. My commitment to the name "Modern Motel" is never finished. The list of improvements include a new Motel sign, new website with online reservations, flat screen LED televisions, vertical blinds, bedspreads, pillows, and shower curtains in all rooms. We are and always will be striving for "Modern".
Minneapolis, Minnesota
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 30, 2014 via mobile

With reason to come to town several times a year, I don't think I'll ever stay at the other place in town again. Despite the tiny bathroom and no coffee in the room we had a microwave/fridge and were happy to be able to have our dog spend the weekend with us.

Stayed March 2014
3 Thank SerenaStone
Rusty W, Owner at Modern Motel, responded to this review, June 6, 2014
Thank you for your review of Modern Motel. I am sorry about the bathroom size, but without knocking down walls, I am not able to make them any larger. I am able to make them better, I am focused on making renovations to the motel that will fit with the name "Modern Motel". We do have a coffee maker in the Lobby that is available 24 hours a day. If coffee is not available we will gladly make a fresh batch for you at any time.
Vinton, Iowa, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2013

This is my second stay at Modern Motel. My first stay was 4 days. My room was spacious, clean, quiet, & comfortable. The staff was very courteous, helpful, & professional. My second stay was in a smaller room, but quite accommodating for me. The motel is pet friendly with a deposit, which is helpful to me traveling with 2 furbabies. I have traveled from Texas to Iowa utilizing much more expensive motels with no more amenities than here... free WiFi, nearby restaurants, coffee & ice available, as well. Staff turns the heat up so I didn't enter a chilly room on my arrival. I will definitely stay here again!

Room Tip: 3 smoking rooms
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
      Sleep Quality
Fort Dodge, Iowa
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2013 via mobile

Small rooms clean and good price. Nicely decorated on the inside and looks nice outside also. Beds OK but the best thing was the price. At the time of our stay for a queen bed it was $50.00 and that was tax included the other motel was 120 plus tax. The owners were nice and they offer coffee in the morning but no breakfast.

• Stayed August 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars
    • 4 of 5 stars
Indiana, United States
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2013

For years unless you wanted to pay for the B&B in town, this was your own choice. Tiny rooms, tiny bathrooms, but at least it was low in price, had free wi fi, and right across from a few of the restaurants in town. You can make reservations but generally folks just pop in and see if one of the rooms is available.

The date won't let me chose the correct one but we stayed here last in winter 2010 and before that spring 2009.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
    • 2 of 5 stars
      Sleep Quality
    • 2 of 5 stars
    • 3 of 5 stars
Also consider these accommodations in or near Vinton
Cobblestone Inn and Suites Vinton
Rodeway Inn
Rodeway Inn
#22 of 37 in Cedar Rapids
4.0 of 5 stars 56 reviews

Been to Modern Motel? Share your experiences!