“Girl's Weekend in Des Moines”

Extended Stay America - Des Moines - Urbandale
Ranked #9 of 11 Hotels in Urbandale
Reviewed June 11, 2013

We only stayed on night, but I found the staff to be very nice and the room clean. The only problem was the room smelled of smoke, and as a non-smoker, I didn't like that. The smell got into my clothes so I had to wash everything when I got home, even if I didn't wear it. I booked on Priceline, and not sure if I could have asked at front desk at check-in if I could have a non-smoking room...or they should have asked.

I felt safe, and it is at a nice location to get to Jordan Creek or West Des Moines, and really not that far to downtown.

It is a great hotel for the value, and I would definitely stay there again. No frills, just a good price if you don't plan on spending a lot of time in your room.

Room Tip: Ask for non-smoking room.
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled with friends
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Des Moines - Urbandale, responded to this reviewResponded June 18, 2013

Thank you so much for sharing your experience with us. I truly appreciate your kind comments regarding your room cleanliness, the staff’s pleasant demeanor, and how you felt safe at our location. I sincerely apologize that the room smelled of smoke. Your comments were reviewed by the staff and we will alert our maintenance engineer to any odors to make sure your experience is not repeated. The staff and I would like to thank you again for posting your review. We look forward to welcoming you back in the future!

Reviewed June 10, 2013

I was only there one night but the staff was amazing very friendly. The room was Very clean and the bed was a bit firm but comfortable. The TV worked well but was limited on channels. Nice hot shower and fresh linen that was or appeared to be new. The grab and go breakfast was a bit lame no juice or anything but all in all a great value and a great experience will definitely stay again.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled solo
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Des Moines - Urbandale, responded to this reviewResponded June 12, 2013

Thank you so much for posting a review of our property. I truly appreciate your comments regarding the friendly staff. The staff and I would like to thank you again for posting your review. We look forward to welcoming you back in the future!

Reviewed June 4, 2013

We wanted to extend a stay in Des Moines for one night after a conference, but the hotel we'd stayed at for the conference was so high priced, it made looking for a cheaper hotel imperative. We ended up here using Priceline. Our GPS gave us a little run-around but we finally found the motel and, boy, were we pleasantly surprised to find such a clean, friendly and economical hotel! The front desk manager recommended a great little cafe in a newer, close-by strip mall for breakfast - The Cozy Cafe - and that was great also. The free in-room wireless, free parking and free complimentary coffee, fruit and granola bars in the small lobby were greatly appreciated (especially after being charged 10.95/night for in-room wireless and $20 for valet parking at the former hotel). A true gem with great value.

Stayed: June 2013, traveled with friends
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Des Moines - Urbandale, responded to this reviewResponded June 6, 2013

Thank you so much for sharing your experience with us. I truly appreciate your comments regarding how clean our property is and how friendly the staff was to you. It is wonderful to know that we were able to provide you with a great room at a great rate as well as some great recommendations for restaurants in the area.

Reviewed May 23, 2013

We got in late and left early, so we didn't log many hours at the Extended, but during those few hours everything was fine. The room was clean, shower was hot, and the air conditioning worked great. It's a little tricky to find, but worth the effort. Very reasonable rate obtained through Priceline. We'll stay here again someday.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Des Moines - Urbandale, responded to this reviewResponded May 28, 2013

Thank you so much for posting a review of our property. I truly appreciate your comments regarding your clean room. It is so rewarding to read that we provided you with a great room at a great rate!

Reviewed May 13, 2013

We booked at the last minute and also got there a day earlier than planned. Regina and Randy were the BEST!!! Everyone was so nice and helpful but they always went above and beyond. We stayed for three weeks, so it was very important the bed was comforable - which it was. Having the kitchen and it being stocked was great. But some days we were back in the room early, so it was nice that we had a recliner, desk and table. It was a good size room. We would definitely stay there again and recommend it to others. Convenient to freeway, eating out, grocery store--just everything.

Room Tip: Our room was across from the laundry room but it was very quiet all the time!!! Couldn't hear p...
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Des Moines - Urbandale, responded to this reviewResponded May 15, 2013

Fred and Joannie - I want to thank you for taking the time to post a review of your stay. I am glad to read that you were pleased with the staff, especially Regina and Randy. We truly enjoyed having you stay with us!

The staff and I would like to thank you again for posting your review. We look forward to welcoming you back in the future.

Reviewed May 8, 2013

I booked on Priceline while waiting for a family to be released from hospital. The little kitchen was nice to have. Close to the freeway and could hear people walking above us. The cont. brk. was very limited; granola, coffee and oatmeal. Staff was very polite and helpful. Bed was great. Close to shopping and resturants

Room Tip: rooms on south east would be quieter
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled solo
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Des Moines - Urbandale, responded to this reviewResponded May 10, 2013

I want to thank you for taking the time to post a review of your stay. It's great to hear that the hotel bed was comfortable and the staff was friendly. I do apologize for noise you heard from the interstate.

Reviewed May 6, 2013

I reserved a room at this hotel through an opaque service and was very pleased. The hotel is located right off the freeway and when I checked in last Friday night the nice lady at the front desk was very helpful.

The hotel is very accommodating compared to past experience at other Extended Stay's.

The only tip for other traveler's is that I didn't see any restaurants or grocery stores within a reasonable walking distance.

• Stayed: May 2013
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Des Moines - Urbandale, responded to this reviewResponded May 9, 2013

Joseph - I want to thank you for taking the time to post a review of your stay. I'm so pleased to hear that the interstate by us was a convenience for you. I do hope that you will return to our hotel, or any of our other brand locations, in the future.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Urbandale
Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Urbandale/Des Moines
3 mi away
Extended Stay America - Des Moines - West Des Moines
Extended Stay America - Des Moin...
#20 of 23 in West Des Moines
Hilton Garden Inn Des Moines/Urbandale
Sleep Inn
Sleep Inn
#7 of 11 in Urbandale

Been to Extended Stay America - Des Moines - Urbandale? Share your experiences!