“Excellent Property and Service”

Extended Stay America - Des Moines - Urbandale
Ranked #9 of 11 Hotels in Urbandale
Reviewed February 28, 2013

Relocating for a contract job in Des Moines and setup shop here for a few weeks. Staff was friendly, rooms were clean and in excellent shape and location convenient to anywhere you need to go in Des Moines and the area. Plenty of information available on what to do in the area.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
Eleal, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Des Moines - Urbandale, responded to this reviewResponded March 2, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay with us in Des Moines. I'm so pleased to hear that our staff was friendly. Thank you again for sharing your experience with us. We look forward to welcoming you back in the future!

Reviewed February 26, 2013

I travel extensively in my business, utilizing Extended Stay America whenever available. I have found this hotel to be one of their top locations, great management (Regina, the general manager) and all of their personnel. Good location, urban environment, and convenient to Interstate 35 and 80. You cannot go wrong by staying here.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled on business

Thank you for your great review of our property in Des Moines, Iowa. It's great to hear that you find our hotel amongst the Top hotels within our company. Special thanks for your GREAT comments on our Management Team there as well. We hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed February 24, 2013

Back here again for a seminar. Due to weather delays, I arrived at 4 am I was worried there wouldn't be anyone here to great me and was surprised by the nice welcome I got with a smile. I also let them know that my flights had been changed and I would need to stay an extra day, no problem. The staff here is what makes this hotel so great to,stay at, they are always willing,to help without you feeling like your are imposing, everything from food recommendations, to transportation. Beds at comfortable, new bedspreads, stove, microwave, dishes, dish soap, bath soap. Do remember to bring shampoo, conditioner, hair dryer. Vending machines are available as are washer/dryer.

Since last visit they have added breakfast on the go, coffee, oatmeal packs, hot chocolate packs, mini muffins, also in your room you have a coffee makers with coffee.

Room Tip: Certain rooms have been remodeled ask for one of them.
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business

I appreciate you taking the time to write such a great review of our location in Urbandale, Iowa. I'm glad that we welcomed you with a smile at such time in the morning. Thank you again for your review. We look forward to seeing you again, should your travels bring you back to our area. By the way, thanks for the comments on our new Grab & Go Breakfast. Appreciate it!

Reviewed November 27, 2012

Dana W. Very pleasant and helpful check-in counter, offered a booklet for local activities and resteraunts, wonderful friendly cleaning staff. The room was clean and the bed was very comfortable, liked the kitchenette, nice tv and cable service, good location. They supplied us with extra pillows when we put in a request. I would highly recomend this hotel and would be happy to return to this location in the future.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with friends
Eleal, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Des Moines - Urbandale, responded to this reviewResponded December 8, 2012

Thank you for your nice review of our property. Whenever I read comments like yours, it always gives me such great pleasure. My entire staff strives to make every guest's stay totally enjoyable, and our greatest reward is validation that we've done just that. We know that our largest asset is our loyal base of customers like you, which is why we are so firmly committed to your satisfaction. By continuing to provide our valued guests with exceptional value, we know Extended Stay Hotels(sm) will remain the #1 extended stay lodging source in the North America.

Reviewed November 20, 2012

From the moment we checked in Regina the manager made sure our experience was a good one, super friendly staff.

The pros were the value, the cleanliness, the room was quiet, the temperature of room was great. Staff was very helpful. I told others from our seminar about our hotel and they ended up booking there as we will be returning in Feb and June.

Make sure you bring your own shampoo, conditioner and blow dryer although some available at front desk and they have a vending machine with some extras. These are not included in the room. Soap and dish soap is.

NIce to have a stocked kitchen so if you want to cook you can and they do have coffee maker and microwave.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business

Thank you for your great review of our property. I'm glad that we were able to help make your experience great and enjoyable. Thank you again for your review. We look forward to seeing you again in February as well as June.

Reviewed November 17, 2012

Stayed here for a dog training seminar. The room was clean and basically equipped with a kitchen. You are responsible for your own upkeep and bring your own shampoo. The staff were helpful at check-in and my basic needs were met. It's off the highway and quiet.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled solo

Thank you for your review of our property. I'm glad that you enjoyed your stay here with us. Thank you again for your review. We look forward to seeing you again, should your travels bring you back to our area.

Reviewed October 8, 2012

We picked this hotel to be used for our wedding weekend because of the location, price and kitchens in the room. While booking and calling to check on reservations, Lisa was always very helpful and sweet. We did have some issues with the reservations/rooms but their manager,Rita went above and beyond to compensate us and make everything right. She seems to be working very hard to make improvements and keep the customers happy.

• Stayed: October 2012
Eleal, Manager at Extended Stay America - Des Moines - Urbandale, responded to this reviewResponded October 11, 2012

"I recently received a copy of your review, and wanted to take a moment to thank you. Our company prides itself on excellent guest service, so it was gratifying to read your feedback about our staff. Yet, I would like to give you my most heartfelt apology regarding the issues with your reservation. Yet, as you mentioned the issue was properly resolved as we Made it Right for you.

I assure you that we will continue to listen to our guests in forums like this one or directly and continue to work hard on ensuring we continue to provide excellent service. I am glad addressed your concern satisfactorily, and that you would give us the pleasure of having you as a guest again at this hotel or any other Extended Stay Hotels(sm) brand location in the future."

Also consider these accommodations in or near Urbandale
Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Urbandale/Des Moines
3 mi away
Extended Stay America - Des Moines - West Des Moines
Extended Stay America - Des Moin...
#20 of 22 in West Des Moines
Hotel Renovo
Hotel Renovo
#3 of 11 in Urbandale
Hilton Garden Inn Des Moines/Urbandale
Fairfield Inn & Suites by Marriott Des Moines Urbandale
Holiday Inn Express & Suites Urbandale

Been to Extended Stay America - Des Moines - Urbandale? Share your experiences!