All reviews downtown des moines donuts off the highway next morning parking lot economy microwave
Reviewed July 15, 2018 via mobile

Clean rooms. Nice staff. Continental breakfast not bad. Good coffee, and no, I refuse to complain about no half and half for my coffee. I also will not complain about our room smelling like stale smoke, and a few statined towels. It's an economy motel, so I don't expect perfection. The pool was a nice touch, along with amenities such as iron, blow dryer, coffee pot, coffee, shampoo, soap, microwave, and refrigerator. The clean part is what gives this economy motel 4 stars.

Stayed: July 2018, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 29, 2018 via mobile

First, we walk in to our “non smoking” room and it smelled like smoke. All the towels were stained and there were dead bugs and well as ants in the room. The WiFi was out so we went down to the lobby to tell them and their response was “well it should be working” and that’s it.
Overall, very disappointed that people think this is ok.

Stayed: June 2018, traveled with family
Reviewed June 16, 2018

We started off by checking in and then we went to our room which had cigarette holes and bugs everywhere it was so bad we switched rooms and then we went up to our new room and you could tell it hadn’t been used in a while and the carpet was black in spots
Horrible Quality

Room Tip: Just don’t go here...
Stayed: July 2017, traveled with family
Reviewed June 11, 2018

Nice location, slightly off the street, quiet, clean, and comfortable. Amenities, good cable. I had a very nice stay, superior to other name-brand motels in the area that are lower priced, "bottom-shelf" quality. The staff was helpful and friendly. I had nice conversation with and good tips from them. Manager stated he was receiving negative reviews but I see absolutely no reason for it. Some folks are schmucks.

• Stayed: May 2018, traveled on business
Reviewed May 30, 2018

My husband and I stayed here just one night. When we entered the office a gentleman was just finishing checking in. As he was leaving the office he noticed he had been charged double for his room. He was upset but allowed us to get checked in as the front desk associate was unable to explain what had happened. The associate continually was scratching his belly and head entire time he was checking us in. After seeing our room, I was almost sick. If it were not for the fact that we had been on the road for eight hours and it was after midnight, we would not have stayed there. There was hair not only on the tub floor but stuck on the walls. The toilet seat had dried you know what on it. The carpet felt greasy. The air conditioning didn't work correctly. I honestly feel like I could go on and on. We went for coffee in the morning. Well, the one pump pot they had was empty. They did have two kinds of cereal however, the milk jug was empty. They had one tub of butter that the guests were expected to share. Is that sanitary? The door going into the office was so filthy, I didn't even want to touch it! Out of curiosity, we checked out the outdoor pool. Not that I was wanting to go for a swim but, even if I had wanted, I wouldn't get in that water. I just don't understand how this Econo Lodge could pass an inspection. I have to say that I was very disappointed that Choice Hotels even claims this place. As far as I'm concerned it is below a terrible rating. I will never stay here again!!!

• Stayed: May 2018, traveled with family