“Perfect Wedding Reception”

Hilton Garden Inn Des Moines/Urbandale
Ranked #1 of 11 Hotels in Urbandale
Reviewed June 13, 2014

We had our wedding reception at this hotel, and one thing that was made clear from day one was that it is our wedding and we will do everything we can to make that day as perfect as possible. Let me tell you one thing, the staff at this hotel definitely accomplished that. From the people helping us to organize our wedding, to the servers helping us throughout the actual reception, everyone did an amazing job. We will definitely recommend all of our friends to look into this hotel for hosting their wedding reception. As far as the rooms go, we were very happy with the group rate price, as more than half of our guests were from out of town. Room accommodations were perfect, fridge and microwave in every room. We got to sleep in two different types of beds, and while we were extremely satisfied with the bed quality of the king beds in our bridal suite, the queen mattresses were not the most comfortable hotel beds we have ever slept in. Besides the slight bed discomfort, everything else was simply perfect, and we could not have been more happy with the service we received. We would highly recommend this Hilton Garden Inn.

1  Thank Jason R
JenTroll, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Des Moines/Urbandale, responded to this reviewResponded June 17, 2014

Hello!
We are so glad to have had the opportunity to help share in your special day & make it one to remember! Your feedback is priceless & the reason we do what we do! Thank you for choosing our location to be the backdrop for your wedding!

There are newer reviews for Hilton Garden Inn Des Moines/Urbandale

Reviewed June 11, 2014

Great stay convenient location great staff definitely recommendable. Rooms clean, bathroom clean, hallways clean nice lobby. We had a wedding reception here, food was excellent, also had a brunch served to family that was fantastic as well. Bartender was friendly.

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn
JenTroll, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Des Moines/Urbandale, responded to this reviewResponded June 12, 2014

Hello,
Thank you for your review! Glad you enjoyed your time here & appreciate your positive feedback! We truly value your recommendation of our hotel & services to others traveling. We will look forward to serving you again soon. Have a great day!

Reviewed June 6, 2014

Room was good, but the sheets on the king bed were too small and kept coming off during the night. Pool was small but the kids enjoyed it. Double check your reservation because I thought mine included the breakfast but did not. My reservation didn't say it didn't include it, so thought it would be. Easy to find from I-80.

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn
JenTroll, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Des Moines/Urbandale, responded to this reviewResponded June 9, 2014

Hello!
Thank you for taking your time to review your stay with us. I am truly sorry for the king sheet issue you experienced. I know you may not have enjoyed the restful night of sleep you should have; please feel free to contact me so that I may make this right for you. We want you to enjoy every aspect of your stay with us to 100%. I am glad you had a great trip & we hope to regain your confidence in us. Have a great day!

Reviewed June 3, 2014 via mobile

Stayed a night for business, was placed in "new" area....long walk to room from front desk. Pool was nice, hot tub functional ;) however the "new girl" charged me twice for the room....glad u caught it! They fixed it right away :) i would stay again. Lovely bedding.

Stayed: May 2014, traveled on business
JenTroll, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Des Moines/Urbandale, responded to this reviewResponded June 4, 2014

Hello!
I wanted to make sure your review got to the correct hotel. By your statement made, I believe you may have stayed at the Hilton Garden Inn West Des Moines? They are next to Jordan Creek Mall. Could you please confirm with me?
Thank you!

Reviewed May 30, 2014

Overall experience at this hotel was terrible and certainly not up to the quality of a Hilton property. Staff appeared bothered to help guests, it took about 3-5 minutes before somebody even welcomed me to the hotel. They did not tell me how to find the elevators. The room was the wrong room type and no effort to make it right, and the room smelled so musty and moldy that I physically became ill from my stay. I personally will not stay at this property again. The general manager ultimately made it right, but the point is these issues should not have happened in the first place.

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn
JenTroll, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Des Moines/Urbandale, responded to this reviewResponded June 2, 2014

Hello!
Thank you for sharing your experience here. Again, I am very sorry for the experience you had & am glad we could make things right for you. The guest is always our most important priority & we always will do what is right & in their best interest. If I may be of any other assistance, please feel free to contact me. You are valued & your feedback can only make us better. Have a great day!

Reviewed May 30, 2014

Perfect place for agri-business people to stop / stay and having meetings. Perfect accomodation close to the interstate with supportively service and well suitable rooms. The breakfast is well organized. Only for short meetings in the lobby coffee service and some fruit could be better.

Hello,
Thank you for taking your time to complete the on line survey in regards to your hotel stay with us. I truly appreciate your feedback & business! I am glad you enjoyed your time here & hope your trip was a success for you! Please consider us again in your travels! Have a wonderful day!

Reviewed May 29, 2014

Just a quick in and out while driving cross country. Staff was great when I checked in well after midnight. The clerk was very polite and made me fell very welcome. Breakfast food was good but, the service was poor. the waitress never visited my table, not even once, no water, no check, no nothing. I did leave payment on the table.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled on business
JenTroll, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Des Moines/Urbandale, responded to this reviewResponded May 30, 2014

Hello!
Thank you for your review! I am glad you had a great time in the area & enjoyed your time here. I sincerely apologize for the poor service you had in our restaurant. Please contact me so that I may refund your breakfast charge to you. Our goal is that every stay is 100% enjoyed & we let you down in our restaurant service. I will look forward to hearing from you & also having the opportunity to serve you again. Have a great weekend!
Jennifer

Also consider these accommodations in or near Urbandale
Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Urbandale/Des Moines
Fairfield Inn & Suites by Marriott Des Moines Urbandale
Hotel Renovo
Hotel Renovo
#2 of 11 in Urbandale
TownePlace Suites Des Moines Urbandale
Stoney Creek Hotel and Conference Center - Des Moines
Hampton Inn & Suites Des Moines/Urbandale

Been to Hilton Garden Inn Des Moines/Urbandale? Share your experiences!