“EXPERIENCE”

Ranked #1 of 11 Hotels in Urbandale
Marion, Iowa
“EXPERIENCE”
Reviewed July 24, 2013

This is a great place to have a wedding. They were well organized and provided excellent service for the ceremony and the reception. I would recommend this facility for future adventures. The staff makes it an exceptional experience for everyone involved.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

JenTroll, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Des Moines/Urbandale, responded to this review, July 25, 2013
Hello!
Thank you for your review of your stay & wedding at our hotel! We are so pleased to have been a part of such a special day in your life. We take tremendous pride in our services & your personal recommendation to others is priceless for us. It is great guests like you that continue to push us to do our best for every guest. We look forward to serving you again soon. Congratulations & best wishes to you!
Jennifer

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (32)
kansas city, United States
Reviewed July 23, 2013

I stayed in a suite and it was very spacious and clean. The staff were friendly and helpful. My only complaint is that breakfast was expensive there. Annoying but not a huge deal, we just ate somewhere else.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

JenTroll, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Des Moines/Urbandale, responded to this review, July 24, 2013
Hello,
Thank you for reviewing your stay on TripAdvisor. We appreciate your recommendation to others. I hope my breakfast tips on my previous email will be beneficial to you for future travels. We will look forward to serving you again soon. Enjoy the day!
alden, United States
Reviewed July 20, 2013

Staff was exceptional, the room was clean, the bed very comfortable, and the lotion and shampoo and conditioner from Bath and Body were a wonderful fragrance!! Awesome place to stay. The price was right~~~ We would stay there again! Thanks for the pleasant night stay!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

JenTroll, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Des Moines/Urbandale, responded to this review, July 22, 2013
Hello!
I am glad you had a great time at our hotel & will be our guest again in the future! Your positive review is greatly appreciated & your return business is priceless! We look forward to serving you again in the near future. Safe traveling & have a great day!
Iowa
Reviewed July 18, 2013

My husband, kids (ages 8 and 1) spent the night here after a day at Adventureland. We were greeted by friendly staff upon check-in. We were offered bottled water, and there were cookies available. The room was typical for a Hilton Garden with two queen beds, a mini fridge, and microwave. The beds were softer than I prefer, but the rooms were quiet and I never heard voices from nearby rooms or the hallway. I appreciated the business center for computer and internet access, and the fitness center was equipped with quality equipment. We paid extra for the breakfast package, and I'm glad we did as we each found plenty that we liked to eat. We would stay here again.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
JenTroll, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Des Moines/Urbandale, responded to this review, July 19, 2013
Hello!
Thank you for your kind review of your stay at our hotel. I am glad you enjoyed your time here & the amenities of our Hilton Garden Inn. It sounds like your trip to Adventureland was a success as well. We will look forward to serving you again soon! Please feel free to contact me if I can be of any assistance to you!
Have a great one!
Davenport, Iowa, United States
Reviewed July 14, 2013

This is nearly a brand new property, so it's in perfect shape. Very nicely decorated in both the rooms and the common areas. Help at the front desk is very friendly and offered me 2 bottles of water at checkin. Didn't hear one sound from anyone all night so it was very peaceful and relaxing. Highly recomend this property.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
JenTroll, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Des Moines/Urbandale, responded to this review, July 15, 2013
Hello!
We are so glad we could be a great part of your trip to the Des Moines area. Thank you for your kind words & future business. We are greatful for guests like you! We will look forward to having you back soon. Please contact us if we can be of any help to you on a future stay here. Enjoy your day!
West Union, Iowa
Reviewed July 14, 2013

What a great place to stay! From check in to check out it was great. The sweet little gal (I think her name was Katherine) was absolutely a joy. Great sense of humor and SUPER efficient.
This is probably the cleanest and most well maintained hotel I have ever stayed in. My wife and I were traveling with another couple and we all agreed.
The streets nearby are fairly noisy as you would expect in a city and the noise level in the hotel was amazing. Extremely quiet for the amount of activity going on in and around the hotel.
I found a great rate on the internet and we were VERY pleased at this. We stayed here cheaper than we could at a 1 or 2 star hotel.
The only thing we weren't to crazy about was the fact that the rooms we were assigned had sleep number beds. We are not fans of sleep number beds and would have preferred a regular good quality mattress.
All in all, this place was probably in the top 3 greatest hotels I've ever been in in the USA. I would recommend this Hilton Garden Inn to anyone.

Room Tip: I think anywhere in this hotel would be good! Great place!
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
Hello!
Thank you for the raving review of our hotel! Your compliments are wonderful to hear & share with my staff. We are so glad you had such a great stay here & appreciate your willingness to encourage others to do the same. It is because of guests like you we are successful! If I may ever be of any assistance to you, please feel free to contact me! Have a great week!
Pa
Reviewed July 8, 2013

This is a nice property. The staff is extremely nice and helpful. The rooms are somewhat small but comfortable. It's sort of a standard fair for the HGI brand- nothing special, but nothing out of place. Rooms away from the highway are quiet. I did not have any food at the restaurant, but I was told by others in my party that the coffee was mediocre at best and the breakfast on the poor side. There is a Starbucks across the street for those who need a better cup in the morning.

Room Tip: Away from the highway and elevator will be quieter.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
JenTroll, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Des Moines/Urbandale, responded to this review, July 10, 2013
Hello!
Thank you for taking your time to review your stay here. I appreciate your feedback & positive words about our staff. I apologize that your traveling companions did not enjoy our breakfast. Please let them know I would be happy to address any suggestions or comments they would have. We value all guest input & strive for every guest to have a great stay here. If I can ever be of assistance to you on your next trip here, please feel free to contact me. Have a great day!
Jennifer
Also consider these accommodations in or near Urbandale
Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Urbandale/Des Moines
Hotel Renovo
Hotel Renovo
#3 of 11 in Urbandale
Stoney Creek Hotel and Conference Center - Des Moines
Fairfield Inn & Suites by Marriott Des Moines Urbandale
TownePlace Suites Des Moines Urbandale
Holiday Inn Express & Suites Urbandale

Been to Hilton Garden Inn Des Moines/Urbandale? Share your experiences!