“Eat here when in Des Moines, can't be missed” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Iowa Machine Shed Restaurant

Iowa Machine Shed Restaurant
Ranked #1 of 88 Restaurants in Urbandale
Cuisines: American
Good for: Kids, Families with children, Dining on a budget, Large groups, Local cuisine, Special occasions
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Brunch, Breakfast, Lunch, Free Wifi, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Minneapolis
“Eat here when in Des Moines, can't be missed”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 6, 2013

We had a little problem with directions as the young gal who answered the phone had no idea of where she worked or if the facility is east or west of the interstate. Lucky for us we found it and the food was awesome for the price. Steaks in the low $20 range compared to $40 the last time I went out for dinner. Now that being said, this isn’t what I would call fine dining as they use old farm signs and equipment for decorations, but then that is what the name is… I wouldn’t be scared if the parking lot is full as they have a lot of dining space and for our 2 some we were seating in the bar area right away. Large menu and after ordering we had fresh bread, cottage cheese and coleslaw delivered (so no need for apps) to tide us over before the meal. The bbq was good, (have had a lot better), but it was tasty, and my dad really enjoyed his pot roast and mash potatoes and gravy. If you are near Des Moines, I would highly recommend eating here.

• Visited May 2013
2 Thank Veni-vidi-vicidotcom

Omaha, Nebraska
“Hotel recommended - average.”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 6, 2013

Portions were large and you get coleslaw and cottage cheese "fixins" to share along with bread. Wait staff wear overalls and hats kind of a farm theme. The atmosphere was fun the food was average. It has a store in it to shop while you wait - kind of like Cracker Barrel.

Visited May 2013
raleigh
“Down home atmosphere and great food”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 22, 2013 via mobile

Since there was a few minute wait we had dinner at the bar. Had a nice conversation with the bartenders.

1 Thank terrysawyers
Zearing, Iowa, United States
“Very good food, drinks need work”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 21, 2013

Food was amazing!! Probably some of the best in des moines Iowa. However my wife and I ordered alcoholic drinks and they were just way to powerful. We were very disappointed about those but the food got def 5 stars!!

1 Thank Derek Z
Linn Creek, Missouri
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Nice atmosphere, food to be desired!!”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 16, 2013

My husband and I went there for lunch. Walking in reminded me of a Cracker Barrel restaurant, a lot of old farm decor which was fine and reminiscing. The waitress was nice, we ordered our food we had soups which were good but the sandwiches had a lot to be desired. My husband had the Blt with extra bacon the sandwich had no mayo or any condiments on it so that left it blah. I had the ale turkey sandwich. They boasted on how they use local Iowa farmers I was disappointed when my sandwich came out it was a deli turkey on a multi grain bread that needed to be toasted. I was expecting real turkey oven roasted. I could of had subway and been better. Ill go to whole foods and purchase real oven roasted turkey and make my own. That was truly sad. We probably won't be back. Service was really slow especially waiting on mediocre food.

• 2 of 5 bubbles