All reviews machine shed des moines left a lot to be desired cell phone wi fi staff was very friendly and helpful large room fresh fruit bed was comfortable convenient location shower iowa interstate
Reviewed June 12, 2010

I recently stayed here twice while traveling out of state. My experience was very good both stays. The king room I stayed in each time was clean and comfortable, with a new and cozy bed, and I loved the room decor. Colorful and modern, lots of lighting. Everything seemed new throughout the hotel. I wasn't there long enough to use the pool, but it looked sparkling and inviting and others seemed to be enjoying it. The free continental breakfast was adequate and served in a clean, inviting atmosphere. As a solo female traveler this trip, I felt safe and comfortable here, with no concerns whatsoever. Keep in mind that this hotel is hidden behind the Comfort Inn and a little difficult to find; you have to navigate through a large and confusing parking lot to get to it. But it is in a low-key, quiet area, very pretty and nicely landscaped. My only negative is that when I attempted to book my second stay by calling the hotel directly, the clerk declined to accept my corporate rate since they were "almost booked up." Instead of trying to argue, I just went online and booked through the Choice Hotels website and got a room with my corporate rate with no problem whatsoever. The hotel is a little pricey, and why not save every dollar you can? A worthwhile stay, nonetheless.

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled solo
1  Thank Nonnypop
Reviewed August 17, 2009

We are a tour company that works with Central Reservations to handle tours through the MidWest. We had a contract agreement to my demise had not been reveiwed thouroughly and when we arrived we had what would have been a disaster. Michelle and Evon did not bat an eye they listened to our need and without causing any alarm to anyone met our needs. The group never knew. They went above and beyond to horor the reputationof all involved we all looked good had a great time and the GUEST praised the experience. Thank you Michelle for all your extra effort. The staff was incredible. We will return.

• Stayed: August 2009, traveled on business
Reviewed July 26, 2009

This was a very different Sleep Inn than most we have stayed in. The colors of the wall and the carpet scheme were really wild. I loved it! I really liked the green color of our room and the blue carpet in the hallways. Now on with the review. The room was very clean and fairly large. The bed was very comfortable. Plenty of pillows on the bed. The high speed wireless was easy to connect to and faster than average. My only fault to the room was that the shower water pressure was very low. There was also a piece of the non-slip strip on the bottom of the shower that was starting to peel and curl. I kept stepping on this strip and it was somewhat uncomfortable. I wouldn't not stay here because of those small problems, though. The cleanliness more than made up for any small maintenance problem. The staff were very helpful and nice. As other reviewers have mentioned, they do charge you a small 'safe fee', that you have to ask to get credit for. If you don't mention it, they keep the fee. We didn't use the safe at all during our stay, and they were quick to give our money back once we asked. We wouldn't hesitate to stay here again.

• Stayed: July 2009, traveled as a couple
1  Thank NomadicNonbelievers
Reviewed September 15, 2008

Getting to the hotel was a little trickier than I would have liked since you have to twist and turn around other parking lots before you can get to the hotel.

The indoor swimming pool was warm and clean. The deepest point is 5 feet, so the kids have fun flopping around without having to worry about treading water. The hot tub is large and relaxing, but if you want a HOT hot tub you might be disappointed.

The rooms were spacious, but the room we were in only had a shower. You might have to request a tub if you are in need of one.

The breakfast was plentiful and delicious, but the basic fare you find at every hotel of this quality. No surprises for us.

I am not fond of the policy requiring guests to request room safe fee to be waived or refunded, but I think that is a corporate thing and not specific to this hotel.

Despite my minor complaints, this hotel is good enough to stay at again.

• Stayed: September 2008, traveled on business
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Reviewed October 28, 2007

I had a change in plans and made a phone reservation with this hotel the day before I arrived. I was pleasantly surprised at the attractive exterior and location. I am a Choice Privileges, Holiday Inn and Hilton Gold ...due to the fact that a travel a lot. I am very impressed with the Sleep Inns I have recently stayed in. From October 1-28, I have spent 16 nights in various hotels, so I have seen my fair share. This location was bright, clean, hospitable, quiet and comfortable. They have an onsite laundry and computer use in the lobby. The breakfast is nothing to write home about but the restaurant next door is DELICIOUS and you can get meals there with huge portions and home style cooking. My room was large and clean. I was told they would be upgrading the beds but I had no gripes.I will be back and recommend it to others.

• Stayed: October 2007, traveled on business
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1  Thank Jane K