All reviews machine shed des moines left a lot to be desired cell phone wi fi staff was very friendly and helpful large room fresh fruit bed was comfortable convenient location shower iowa interstate
Reviewed July 26, 2009

This was a very different Sleep Inn than most we have stayed in. The colors of the wall and the carpet scheme were really wild. I loved it! I really liked the green color of our room and the blue carpet in the hallways. Now on with the review. The room was very clean and fairly large. The bed was very comfortable. Plenty of pillows on the bed. The high speed wireless was easy to connect to and faster than average. My only fault to the room was that the shower water pressure was very low. There was also a piece of the non-slip strip on the bottom of the shower that was starting to peel and curl. I kept stepping on this strip and it was somewhat uncomfortable. I wouldn't not stay here because of those small problems, though. The cleanliness more than made up for any small maintenance problem. The staff were very helpful and nice. As other reviewers have mentioned, they do charge you a small 'safe fee', that you have to ask to get credit for. If you don't mention it, they keep the fee. We didn't use the safe at all during our stay, and they were quick to give our money back once we asked. We wouldn't hesitate to stay here again.

• Stayed: July 2009, traveled as a couple
1  Thank NomadicNonbelievers
Reviewed September 15, 2008

Getting to the hotel was a little trickier than I would have liked since you have to twist and turn around other parking lots before you can get to the hotel.

The indoor swimming pool was warm and clean. The deepest point is 5 feet, so the kids have fun flopping around without having to worry about treading water. The hot tub is large and relaxing, but if you want a HOT hot tub you might be disappointed.

The rooms were spacious, but the room we were in only had a shower. You might have to request a tub if you are in need of one.

The breakfast was plentiful and delicious, but the basic fare you find at every hotel of this quality. No surprises for us.

I am not fond of the policy requiring guests to request room safe fee to be waived or refunded, but I think that is a corporate thing and not specific to this hotel.

Despite my minor complaints, this hotel is good enough to stay at again.

• Stayed: September 2008, traveled on business
Reviewed October 28, 2007

I had a change in plans and made a phone reservation with this hotel the day before I arrived. I was pleasantly surprised at the attractive exterior and location. I am a Choice Privileges, Holiday Inn and Hilton Gold ...due to the fact that a travel a lot. I am very impressed with the Sleep Inns I have recently stayed in. From October 1-28, I have spent 16 nights in various hotels, so I have seen my fair share. This location was bright, clean, hospitable, quiet and comfortable. They have an onsite laundry and computer use in the lobby. The breakfast is nothing to write home about but the restaurant next door is DELICIOUS and you can get meals there with huge portions and home style cooking. My room was large and clean. I was told they would be upgrading the beds but I had no gripes.I will be back and recommend it to others.

• Stayed: October 2007, traveled on business
1  Thank Jane K
Reviewed October 17, 2007

The front staff hardly had time to tell us where our rooms were. The room was very small and stuffy, the airconditioner didn't work, only hot air blowing, you couldn't adjust the temperture. The room had an odor to it, not sure if that was because they let dogs stay there. The breakfast was so crowed, and not a very good choice, they ran out of O.J. and skim milk. I would not stay here again, and makes me question all Sleep Inns.

• Stayed: October 2007, traveled with family
Reviewed September 23, 2007

The hotel was very easy to find, and when we drove up to it, the outside appearance was nice. I made my reservation in advance, and it took about 30 seconds to check in with a friendly person at the front desk. I had requested a rollaway bed in my online reservation and it was waiting in the room when we got there. The room is not large, but it had tall ceilings and even with the rollaway bed, it was fine. We found the room and beds very clean and well kept.

The family and I had plans to swim in the pool the evening we checked in, and we found the pool to be fantastic. The water temperature was just right, the pool and surrounding area was clean, there was no one else in the pool and there were probably a hundred clean towels stacked on the shelves by the wall ready for our use. The hot tub is huge and it was also nice and clean with an appropriate temperature.

The breakfast was good - there was toast, doughnuts, cereal, milk, a few different juices and other things. Seemed well stocked and there was a person working in the area that was keeping things clean and full.

The only thing that keeps me from making this review a perfect one is a few late night (fairly loud) runs down the hallway by some girls that were apparently there for a soccer tournament. Not too big a deal, but woke me up for a few minutes and this IS a "Sleep" Inn.

Overall, a very good experience.

• Stayed: September 2007, traveled with family