“Hard to find, easy to stay...”
Review of Sleep Inn

Sleep Inn
Ranked #7 of 11 Hotels in Urbandale
Reviewed September 26, 2013 via mobile

Best stop this week. Stayed two nights in Room 308. Everything was good including the price.

Sort of strange location and a little hard to find behind the Comfort Suites, but worth the effort.

The only area lacking was in the breakfast selection. There's some room for improvement there.

I'd stay again.

• Stayed: September 2013
1  Thank MessNmagic

Reviewed September 20, 2013

When we arrived at the Sleep Inn, we discovered some of their power was out due to a storm that went through. I overheard them on the phone with the power company and while I'm still not sure how some power was out and some was not, it was evident there was nothing the staff could do. While this was not an ideal situation, I was so impressed with the staff's ability to continue to provide outstanding customer service. They asked us (and the people in line before us and after us) if we would like them to call and book us a room at another property due to the inconvenience. They were even willing to lose a sale to keep me happy! I said no, and I'm glad I did.

The staff made sure to bring a lamp into my room to plug into the one working outlet and hand-delivered a wake up call by knocking on our door early this morning.

It was an unfortunate situation, but the staff rose above it. It is clear they understand the meaning of customer service.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Carla C
Reviewed September 2, 2013 via mobile

While tricky to get to (it's behind the Comfort Suites), you'll be glad once you get there. The front desk was being renovated so the "desk" was a table set up in the sitting area. This didn't hamper check in at all, it was seamless. Rooms were clean, as were all common areas. The pool and spa were also tidy and thankfully not overly chlorinated. Breakfast was your typical continental offerings, and staff was busy cleaning and refilling as needed. We had an issue with our television and it was replaced immediately. Very satisfied with this hotel and would certainly not hesitate to recommend to anyone.

• Stayed: August 2013
Reviewed September 1, 2013

Very comfortable room, clean, the staff members were very efficient and friendly. Only stayed one night but would choose to stay here again. Breakfast was just ok.

Some of the reviews did not reflect the stay i experienced.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank Loreli K
Reviewed August 15, 2013

Stayed for a week in July for USSSA Fastpitch World Series. The rooms were very clean and roomy. Breakfast was perfect before a long day of softball. The pool was large and clean. The staff was wonderful. I needed my battery charged in my vehicle as I left the key on (oops). We were close to being late for one of my daughter's games and I was frantic. The front desk called in their maintenance person and he jumped my battery. Would stay here again anytime!

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank crashjjj
Reviewed July 26, 2013

Overall this was a good place, surprisingly quiet with a decent breakfast. It could probably use a visit by a decent interior decorator and there are little use issues (small things that were either a little dirty or beat up) but overall we were happy with the quality and the price.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed July 21, 2013 via mobile

We have stayed at this hotel a few times before & were happy with it.
The staff is very friendly & the location is great.
This time though we had a room that had mold in the showers (that I documented with pics). It was disgusting.
There was a cigarette burn in the comforter in our 'non-smoking' room.
Also we went to enjoy the pool two different times but it was taken over by about 15 people in there (who were all clearly there together) playing volleyball with a beach ball and taking up the entire pool. The children of these people were all swimming around the hot tub as though it were a baby pool so we couldn't enjoy that either.
We have really enjoyed this hotel in the past but thus time was very disappointing.

• Stayed: July 2013
twbtcaptain, Manager at Sleep Inn, responded to this reviewResponded July 24, 2013

Dear guest,

I am very sorry your room was not up to standards. I really appreciate your comments. You have brought a couple of very important items to our attention. I will address the burn hole in the bedspread and the cleanliness of the bathroom with our housekeeping staff. I'm also sorry our pool room was extremely busy. Our hotel fills up most weekends during the summer with vacation travelers and sports teams. If you have problems with a particular group while staying in the hotel please let us know and we will address your concerns. I appreciate your past business you have given us. I do hope that you will continue to stay with us and give us a chance to exceed your expectations. If you have any futher concerns please call us directly and ask to speak to a member of our Executive Team. Any of us will be happy to assist you.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Urbandale
Hotel Renovo
Super 8 Clive/W Des Moines
Super 8 Clive/W Des Moines
#13 of 48 in Des Moines
Hilton Garden Inn Des Moines/Urbandale

Been to Sleep Inn? Share your experiences!