All reviews machine shed des moines left a lot to be desired staff was very friendly and helpful fresh fruit bed was comfortable convenient location shower interstate
Reviewed September 20, 2013

When we arrived at the Sleep Inn, we discovered some of their power was out due to a storm that went through. I overheard them on the phone with the power company and while I'm still not sure how some power was out and some was not, it was evident there was nothing the staff could do. While this was not an ideal situation, I was so impressed with the staff's ability to continue to provide outstanding customer service. They asked us (and the people in line before us and after us) if we would like them to call and book us a room at another property due to the inconvenience. They were even willing to lose a sale to keep me happy! I said no, and I'm glad I did.

The staff made sure to bring a lamp into my room to plug into the one working outlet and hand-delivered a wake up call by knocking on our door early this morning.

It was an unfortunate situation, but the staff rose above it. It is clear they understand the meaning of customer service.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Carla C
Reviewed September 2, 2013 via mobile

While tricky to get to (it's behind the Comfort Suites), you'll be glad once you get there. The front desk was being renovated so the "desk" was a table set up in the sitting area. This didn't hamper check in at all, it was seamless. Rooms were clean, as were all common areas. The pool and spa were also tidy and thankfully not overly chlorinated. Breakfast was your typical continental offerings, and staff was busy cleaning and refilling as needed. We had an issue with our television and it was replaced immediately. Very satisfied with this hotel and would certainly not hesitate to recommend to anyone.

• Stayed: August 2013
Reviewed September 1, 2013

Very comfortable room, clean, the staff members were very efficient and friendly. Only stayed one night but would choose to stay here again. Breakfast was just ok.

Some of the reviews did not reflect the stay i experienced.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank Loreli K
Reviewed August 15, 2013

Stayed for a week in July for USSSA Fastpitch World Series. The rooms were very clean and roomy. Breakfast was perfect before a long day of softball. The pool was large and clean. The staff was wonderful. I needed my battery charged in my vehicle as I left the key on (oops). We were close to being late for one of my daughter's games and I was frantic. The front desk called in their maintenance person and he jumped my battery. Would stay here again anytime!

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank crashjjj
Reviewed July 26, 2013

Overall this was a good place, surprisingly quiet with a decent breakfast. It could probably use a visit by a decent interior decorator and there are little use issues (small things that were either a little dirty or beat up) but overall we were happy with the quality and the price.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family