All reviewsmachine sheddes moinespool area isleft a lot to be desiredcell phonewi fistaff was very friendly and helpfullarge roomfresh fruitbed was comfortableconvenient locationoff the highwayshoweriowa
Reviewed May 18, 2013

My family and I checked in the Sleep Inn on Friday the 17th and plan on staying till Monday. We had made our reservations one year in advance because of graduation and wanted to make sure we have rooms to stay in. We I made the reservation I asked for two adjoining rooms on the first floor. The young man said that would not be a problem and guaranteed us that would be available for us. Due to my grandma be older and less mobile, it was a lot easier for her and our family to be right next door in case anything happens.

Upon check-in we were assigned different rooms on different floors. We then told them what we reserved and the young man said that should not be a problem. After five min. or so he looked like he did not know how to handle the situation. He then asked for help from the woman working with him. She was wearing more professional attire, so I assumed she would be able to fix the issue very quickly. Boy was I wrong. She began to explain that they never "guarantee" any adjoining rooms. This does not make sense to me. I have worked in the hospitality industry and know when something is not right. You should be able to guarantee adjoining rooms one year in advance. She then began to say that at they start of the day we had adjoining rooms, but someone decided to stay an extra night and the room is no longer available. She said that it is not their policy to move people out of a room. I understand that if they have a reservation for that night. If they decide to stay an extra day she should have said he would have to move to a different room because they need that room to accommodate another guest. We did this all the time to guest at our hotel and there was never an issue.

We needed to go to dinner, so we left and she said she would have the problem taken care of by the time we get back. We ate at The Machine Shed and it was fantastic. I would recommend it to anyone. When we got back they had our rooms eight rooms apart from each other. This was not acceptable because we needed to be next door to each other. She began to talk down to us and made it seem that we were being out of line. This is a customer service industry and it seemed as if this hotel did not know that. I believe her name was Hailey. She rolled her eyes and laughed at us when we said we were not happy. She did not ask if there was anything else she could do to improve our stay. It seemed that she did not want to improve the situation at all.

Our room was very clean and looks very comfortable. Very relaxing atmosphere to be in. The pool area was fun to relax in as well. The breakfast was also amazing in the morning. Everything about the hotel was great except for the staff which was poor to say the least. I would not stay here again due the lack of service. It was very unprofessional the way she handled the situation.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed May 16, 2013

Booked the poolside suite for kids when we went to visit the Living Farms Museum. Had a bit of problem with the air conditioner, but the staff was so friendly and accommodating, that we had a wonderful stay regardless. Pool area was very nice, and we loved that the room opened right into it!

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed May 8, 2013

Had a few problems with the tv but other than that it was the most relaxing weekend I've had in the past five years! Not to mention they had the biggest hot tub I have ever seen. Their breakfast was also incredible. The orange juice tasted like it was homemade and the waffles were a hybrid between waffles and pancakes!

• Stayed: May 2013
Reviewed May 2, 2013

At first glance the Sleep Inn was very nice, clean and updated. But then I started noticing things... First, very poor quality mattresses (soft and bouncy) even my 10 year old complained of a back ache in the morning! Secondly, the shower had very little water pressure and worst of all no hot water. I turned the nozzle all the way to hot and it was barely warm. Third, very thin walls. I could clearly hear people walking in the hallway and upstairs above us. And then the little things...that i wont even bring up. Ok i will bring up one..the bedspread had a very obvious burn hole. There is no way the maid could of missed it. Either throw the bedspread away or hide the whole by putting it at the foot of the bed instead of the top. And I was a little annoyed that our group booked 14 rooms for 2 nights and the hotel manager agreed in a contract for one free night for our coach. But of course when we got there, there was no record of our agreement which then became a hassle for me since i had to call the travel agency to get it all figured out AGAIN. It wouldn't bother me to stay here next time IF I had no other choice but I probably would take my chances staying somewhere else.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Non P
Reviewed April 19, 2013

Well located, nice area, quick check in and out, standard Sleep Inn breakfast. Very quiet. Only hitches were water that wasn't quite hot enough and slow, but reliable internet. Love the Machine Shed restaurant next door. Good value for the money and would choose this property again.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business