$120
Hotel Renovo(Urbandale)
$159
$149
Hotels.com
All reviewsmachine sheddes moinespool area iscell phoneleft a lot to be desiredwi fistaff was very friendly and helpfullarge roomfresh fruitbed was comfortableconvenient locationoff the highwayshoweriowa
Reviewed May 2, 2013

At first glance the Sleep Inn was very nice, clean and updated. But then I started noticing things... First, very poor quality mattresses (soft and bouncy) even my 10 year old complained of a back ache in the morning! Secondly, the shower had very little water pressure and worst of all no hot water. I turned the nozzle all the way to hot and it was barely warm. Third, very thin walls. I could clearly hear people walking in the hallway and upstairs above us. And then the little things...that i wont even bring up. Ok i will bring up one..the bedspread had a very obvious burn hole. There is no way the maid could of missed it. Either throw the bedspread away or hide the whole by putting it at the foot of the bed instead of the top. And I was a little annoyed that our group booked 14 rooms for 2 nights and the hotel manager agreed in a contract for one free night for our coach. But of course when we got there, there was no record of our agreement which then became a hassle for me since i had to call the travel agency to get it all figured out AGAIN. It wouldn't bother me to stay here next time IF I had no other choice but I probably would take my chances staying somewhere else.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Non P
Reviewed April 19, 2013

Well located, nice area, quick check in and out, standard Sleep Inn breakfast. Very quiet. Only hitches were water that wasn't quite hot enough and slow, but reliable internet. Love the Machine Shed restaurant next door. Good value for the money and would choose this property again.

Reviewed April 10, 2013

I stay here often and usually on short notice or with no reservation. Staff is very friendly and facility is very clean. When you stay here you need to have dinner at the Iowa Machine Shed located in the same lot.

Reviewed April 3, 2013

I realize they may not have enough seating later in the day for breakfast. But because the staff was so accommodating and our room was very clean and large enough for two people with luggage, I am rating it the best. When I checked in the desk clerk asked if I was there on business. When I responded yes, he asked if I wanted a wake up call. The staff recognized that if we had an early wake up call, we were going to be ready for breakfast before their usual time. Breakfast was ready 1hr. before the stated time. Although I didn't need anything but fresh fruit, all the amenities were ready, and several men who were also early risers had hot breakfast items. I have stayed at many places for business and my arrival time in the city the next day was before 7am. Other hotels would not let us even have the cold items ahead of the stated time. That means a lot to someone who works from 6am till noon without a break. The Sleep Inn was a quiet place and there was enough parking for us. We were able to get a first floor room so we didn't have to take the elevator. That was also nice. I definitely would stay there again, and next time bring my swimsuit as their pool area looked really nice. Hope you have the same pleasant experience I had.

Room Tip: Spa was broken, and a major repair was in progress which was stated on the front door and the pool room as well. Did not go to the fitness center.
Reviewed March 17, 2013

We stayed at the Sleep in while attending a conference nearby. Found it to be reasonably clean and very comfortable. Great for the price. The morning breakfast was typical for hotels but was good. We did not use the fitness center but it looks like they had some decent equipment.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business