All reviewsmachine sheddes moinespool area isleft a lot to be desiredcell phonewi fistaff was very friendly and helpfullarge roomfresh fruitbed was comfortableconvenient locationoff the highwayshoweriowa
Reviewed April 19, 2013

Well located, nice area, quick check in and out, standard Sleep Inn breakfast. Very quiet. Only hitches were water that wasn't quite hot enough and slow, but reliable internet. Love the Machine Shed restaurant next door. Good value for the money and would choose this property again.

Reviewed April 10, 2013

I stay here often and usually on short notice or with no reservation. Staff is very friendly and facility is very clean. When you stay here you need to have dinner at the Iowa Machine Shed located in the same lot.

Reviewed April 3, 2013

I realize they may not have enough seating later in the day for breakfast. But because the staff was so accommodating and our room was very clean and large enough for two people with luggage, I am rating it the best. When I checked in the desk clerk asked if I was there on business. When I responded yes, he asked if I wanted a wake up call. The staff recognized that if we had an early wake up call, we were going to be ready for breakfast before their usual time. Breakfast was ready 1hr. before the stated time. Although I didn't need anything but fresh fruit, all the amenities were ready, and several men who were also early risers had hot breakfast items. I have stayed at many places for business and my arrival time in the city the next day was before 7am. Other hotels would not let us even have the cold items ahead of the stated time. That means a lot to someone who works from 6am till noon without a break. The Sleep Inn was a quiet place and there was enough parking for us. We were able to get a first floor room so we didn't have to take the elevator. That was also nice. I definitely would stay there again, and next time bring my swimsuit as their pool area looked really nice. Hope you have the same pleasant experience I had.

Room Tip: Spa was broken, and a major repair was in progress which was stated on the front door and the pool room as well. Did not go to the fitness center.
Reviewed March 17, 2013

We stayed at the Sleep in while attending a conference nearby. Found it to be reasonably clean and very comfortable. Great for the price. The morning breakfast was typical for hotels but was good. We did not use the fitness center but it looks like they had some decent equipment.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed March 8, 2013

The Sleep Inn's had an overhaul since I last stayed there in 2006. The green painted walls in the rooms certainly lend to a more modern look, though the use of cooler colors doesn't exactly lend to a relaxing sort of feel. We chose the Sleep Inn because it is quite frankly the nicest hotel available at such a reasonable price. It is located right by the Machine Shed, which is one of our favorite places to eat breakfast when we go down to Des Moines.

Not much else to fuss about. Our stay was quiet and comfortable - the blankets were a little on the thin side but I'm not picky. It's a great location, and again, a fantastic price for what you get. I'm actually booking my next trip down to Iowa and I'll be using this hotel.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple