Sleep Inn
Hotel Renovo(Urbandale)
$139
$130
Travelocity
All reviewsiowa machine shedrestaurant parkingdes moinespool area iswould stay here againcell phoneleft a lot to be desiredwi firight next doorlarge roomstaff was very friendly and helpfulbusiness tripbed was comfortableconvenient locationoff the highwayshowerarm
FilterAll languages
Reviewed September 2, 2012

Just stayed here for two nights and very good respectful place! I deliver Triathlon bikes all over the States for work so when I stay at a place like this, I have to post about it!! Definitely one of the Best places I have stayed at!! Would highly recommend it!!

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed August 20, 2012

It was a very good stay at this hotel. It has a good location, the check-in was quick, room was spacious and clean. We didn't eat the breakfast so I can't comment on that, we ended up going to the Iowa Machine Shed which I thought was wonderful.
The pool and hot tub were nice. I would definitely stay at this location again and would recommend it to anyone.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed August 16, 2012

Convenient location, great service, spacious rooms, nice furnishing / bedding. free continental breakfast with home-made belgian waffles. All this for a very reasonable price. I've not tried gym / pool so cannot tell if they are good or not.

Room Tip: Rooms on the east side will be quieter.
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed August 7, 2012

I was surprisingly pleased with my stay at this hotel. It was clean, breakfast was good. The staff was incredible, helping me with check-in problems to allowing me use of their fax machine. There was always parking and the rooms had been recently updated so you felt like you were staying in a nicer hotel. As a young female traveler, I felt very safe in this hotel and in this area. Not to mention, easy access to the highway. Only negative was there was a thick smell of cigarette smoke throughout the hallways, but not in my non-smoking room. Very close to the highway which could've disturbed others, but I slept right through. I will definitely stay here again if I travel through Des Moines.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed July 24, 2012

Our summer vacation this year was really hit and miss with quality hotels. The Sleep Inn in Urbandale was a *hit* on our last day. We ended up with a poolside room, absolutely huge! Love the fun green walls and funky carpeting. My kids loved the pool area, nice and clean and warm. We arrived fairly late and staff checking us in was a hoot...funny enough that I didn't mind being told to please pay in cash in the morning (because she was just too frazzled to figure it out that night!). Morning staff was very nice and helpful when I asked to get the bill fixed.

A couple of minor negative thoughts, poolside room was handicapped (we are not but arrived very late so I am assuming it was ok to book). The shower was wheelchair accessible but the curtain didn't go down to the ground, very odd to have water shooting all over the bathroom trying to get that figured out! Breakfast wasn't as expansive as other choice hotels that we visited on this trip (this was our first Sleep Inn), just didn't win us over with the limited choices.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family