$98
Hotel Renovo(Urbandale)
$159
$149
Hotels.com
All reviewsmachine sheddes moinespool area iscell phoneleft a lot to be desiredwi fistaff was very friendly and helpfullarge roomfresh fruitbed was comfortableconvenient locationoff the highwayshoweriowa
Reviewed December 29, 2011

Nice stay in an ecomony hotel. Recently remodeled. Everything was as to be expected. Simple breakfast. Small bathrooms. Pool with a hot tub. Easy access on and off I-35. They have suites that have an extra door that opens to the pool area...very nice.

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled with family
3  Thank jneuzil
Reviewed November 28, 2011

Pros: Clean; very comfortable; affordable; friendly.

Cons: Squeaky floors & paper thin walls - heard conversations all around and every footstep above & around me; shower only, no tub - reminded me of the cramped showers on a cruise; pocket door to tiny bathroom squeaked every time it moved; light for the bathroom was on the far wall, so you had to turn it on first or close the bathroom door in the dark before turning it on - inconvenient for others trying to sleep.

It wasn't bad for a single night, but I wouldn't stay here again.

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled with family
2  Thank chefgraves
Reviewed November 1, 2011

This was my first stay at a "Choice Hotel" (the chain). It is very new looking, inside and out (front desk told me it was recently remodeled). Room is clean, neat, functional. Kind of a different layout, but just fine. I like the price/value enough I will be looking for other "Choice Hotels" in the future.

I must add: the young man at the front desk was one of the most friendly, helpful and engaged staff member I have encountered on this 11-day road trip; he even spoke well of the owner. Nothing to say you would encounter him, but I think that desk staff talking up the owner seemed like a good sign to me.

Heads up: both Mapquest and my Garmin Nuvi GPS get the directions wrong. If you get off I80 and are heading east on Hickman Road, and your GPS says make a U-turn at 111th street, DO NOT. Turn North (left) up 111th street, then drive through the restaurant parking lot to get to the Sleep Inn. If you are heading west on Hickman Road, be sure to turn North (right) on 111th street.

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled solo
3  Thank KeldiKlutz
Reviewed October 4, 2011

Very nice rooms. Great landscaping. Very clean. And it's next to the Iowa Machine Shed, the # 1 restaurant in the area.

• Stayed: October 2011
6  Thank OpaHal
Reviewed September 8, 2011

Nice large, clean room. We were right by the pool but we heard no noise at all - nice & quiet. We slept comfortably. Breakfast was fine. Overall, our major "hotel needs" were met. However, we did miss the little niceities that we have come to expect from a $100.++ per night hotel room, i.e., shamoo, thicker towels, lap desk (so my husband & I would both have a surface to work on), armchair (my husband spends half the night sleeping in a chair). Although, I did find out later that armchairs are available in the King Rooms just not in the Double Queen like we had.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled as a couple