All reviewsmachine sheddes moinespool area isleft a lot to be desiredcell phonewi fistaff was very friendly and helpfullarge roomfresh fruitbed was comfortableconvenient locationoff the highwayshoweriowa
Reviewed April 26, 2011

I try to stay here every time I come through, The staff is the best. And the breakfast time with Nancy is my favorite. She keeps everything going and offers to assit you. But all the staff is great.

• Stayed: April 2011, traveled on business
2  Thank mmanfredi
Reviewed October 7, 2010

We stopped midway from Canada to Branson for a much needed rest. It was a busy weekend but despite the crowd at the front desk we were greeted with a smile and quick polite service. The hotel is clean and well designed . The rooms were very comfortable. I liked the walk-in shower. We left our cell phone in the room.They made every effort to find it and on the second try they found it and sent it to our next destination-Branson Mo.The hotel sits high up on the hill just off of 35 and 80--a part of Des Moines Iowa. It was a bit difficult to find because the sign was hidden by trees and is not street level. The breakfast is very good with waffles ,fruit and all the extras.The Iowa Machine Shed restaurant is next door and is a very good place to eat lunch or supper.There is a gift shop inside filled with items pertaining to tractors,jams,seasonal trinkets and books. They offer a free ride around the lot on a John Deer tractor. We will stay again when going through Iowa.

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Susanna Gary B
Reviewed June 19, 2010

This hotel property is impeccably clean and well maintained. The staff was tremendously friendly. Our first room placement was directly across the hall from the swimming pool entry door, and smelled strongly of chlorine (from the pool). We asked for a different room and the desk clerk quickly accomodated that request (there were a number of girl's soccer teams in the hotel and the pool was incredibly loud). We thought that would take care of the noise issues, but alas, this hotel seems to have been built with manufactured joists, and the floor is like a drum. Any foot traffic in the hallways, or the rooms overhead seem like they are in your room.

The rooms were large, although strangely laid out. There are no refrigerators in the rooms, but you can get one for an up-charge. The bathroom was very clean, but the pocket door was hard to manipulate to gain privacy while showering. There are no bathtubs in the rooms, so this location is not recommended for families traveling with very small kids.

The breakfast area is small, and visitors are advised to query the check-in staff to see if there are any kid's groups at the hotel, so you can get to breakfast before the throngs arrive. We ended up going to McDonald's simply to avoid the mass of prima dona's in the breakfast area.

Mrs. C wanted nothing more than to get out based on the high noise level that was present all night long. If you sleep well, this hotel is recommended for a place to sleep. If you are a light sleeper, the noise may be an issue for you. I would go back, if for no other reason than it was very clean, and the staff was very pleasant and attentive.

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled with family
Reviewed June 12, 2010

I recently stayed here twice while traveling out of state. My experience was very good both stays. The king room I stayed in each time was clean and comfortable, with a new and cozy bed, and I loved the room decor. Colorful and modern, lots of lighting. Everything seemed new throughout the hotel. I wasn't there long enough to use the pool, but it looked sparkling and inviting and others seemed to be enjoying it. The free continental breakfast was adequate and served in a clean, inviting atmosphere. As a solo female traveler this trip, I felt safe and comfortable here, with no concerns whatsoever. Keep in mind that this hotel is hidden behind the Comfort Inn and a little difficult to find; you have to navigate through a large and confusing parking lot to get to it. But it is in a low-key, quiet area, very pretty and nicely landscaped. My only negative is that when I attempted to book my second stay by calling the hotel directly, the clerk declined to accept my corporate rate since they were "almost booked up." Instead of trying to argue, I just went online and booked through the Choice Hotels website and got a room with my corporate rate with no problem whatsoever. The hotel is a little pricey, and why not save every dollar you can? A worthwhile stay, nonetheless.

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled solo
1  Thank Nonnypop
Reviewed August 17, 2009

We are a tour company that works with Central Reservations to handle tours through the MidWest. We had a contract agreement to my demise had not been reveiwed thouroughly and when we arrived we had what would have been a disaster. Michelle and Evon did not bat an eye they listened to our need and without causing any alarm to anyone met our needs. The group never knew. They went above and beyond to horor the reputationof all involved we all looked good had a great time and the GUEST praised the experience. Thank you Michelle for all your extra effort. The staff was incredible. We will return.

• Stayed: August 2009, traveled on business