“Unique food in a fun setting”

Irina's Restaurant and Bar
Reserve with OpenTable
Irina's Restaurant and Bar is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #4 of 95 Restaurants in Urbandale
Cuisines: Russian
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Description: Welcome to Irina’s Restaurant and Bar! We are locally family operated neighborhood establishment. We offer Russian-American cousine. For your special event you can reserve our private party room which sets 50 ppl, you can reserve our bar and private booth area with projection TV. We have a full bar with great selection of Russian beer, vodka, extended wine list. Bar open late, happy hour 3pm-6pm. Our menu design to meet everyone’s taste: we have a traditional american dishes like steaks, pastas, burgers, salads, appetizers and of course our in house specials like beef-stroganov, moscow filet, wellington salmon, st. chicken, pork shashlik and daily specials. Any special requests must be submitted ahead of time.
Reviewed July 30, 2013

Didn't know what to expect after the variety of reviews on tripadvisor, but we gave it a try. The food was great with a unique offering of Russian inspired food. Excellent fish and salad entrees. Lucked into half price apps before six and enjoyed trying the variety of Russian beers. Decor is a little over the top with mood lighting and videos playing on the big screen. The staff is very friendly but does gently push the vodka shots. ( had one and it was pretty good). Have been back and just as good.

Reviewed July 13, 2013

First of all, you know that truly good restaurants don't need to do Groupon deals. Second, good restaurants don't need to tourist gimmicks like a "roving drink guy" encouraging you to do a shot of Russian Vodka and waitresses overdone in eye makeup and short/tight attire. Food is definitely average and in some cases really poor. Service almost convinced us they were really trying but make sure you check your bill as in at least two cases, additional charges for items not ordered were "mistakenly" put on the bill. We would never eat here again or recommend this restaurant to anyone else.

Reviewed July 6, 2013

When our check was presented we were advised that the coupon we had purchased from 'Eat in/Eat out or restaurant.com would not be honored. Deimtri the owner would not give a reason just no. He was a coward and sent the server to tell me. I was told by the server that he did this often and that the servers themselves were not happy about it. I did say when I sat down at the table that I had a groupon thing, so I did use the incorrect name. I feel the server already knew there were some coupons not being honored. Food was average. Not outstanding. Not sure what was Russian besides Vodka which is pushed at evey turn. Service was great not only at our table but all those around us.

Reviewed June 28, 2013 via mobile

The food was delicious. I was afraid to try it for years as I wasn't sure what Russian food would be, what a mistake! It is just delicious and high end food. At our table we had a full rack of dry-rubbed ribs, an Iowa chop, grilled shrimp fetticine, stuffed chicken breast. Will be back again, soon.

Reviewed June 21, 2013

My family and I took my parents here for Father's Day because I had so enjoyed eating at this restaurant with my family for my birthday. The atmosphere is sophisticated and sedate. The meals (we had pork chops, salmon Wellington, beef stonganof, rabbit, seafood pasta, and vegetarian pasta) were exquisitely prepared and artfully presented. The food was well complimented with a selection of Baltica beers.

1  Thank VarleyFarm