All reviews des moines window seat room was clean great price waffles queen suite biscuits and gravy value for the money stay there again place to sleep hot breakfast stayed two nights the breakfast area other hotels nice stay an upgrade staff was friendly
Reviewed August 28, 2018

I paid a little more to get a "suite" that had a fridge. It was a nice enough room, clean, and quiet enough given the proximity to the interstate. I had a second floor room, which wasn't that high up; the window was unlocked when I checked it, which was a bit concerning to me. I was able to get one of the locks in place, so I felt better. They really need to check things like that. Breakfast was average.

Stayed: August 2018
Kristy U, General Manager at Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Urbandale/Des Moines, responded to this reviewResponded August 29, 2018

Thank you for sharing your feedback regarding your stay with us. I am sorry to hear that the window was unlocked. I appreciate you sharing your concern so I can speak to the housekeeping department to ensure they are double checking this.
I appreciate your comments and welcome you back!

Reviewed August 27, 2018

Mix up on the type of room but it was corrected the next morning. Staff was very friendly and helpful. The location was very convenient and had everything nearby. I would stay there again and would recommend it.

• Stayed: August 2018, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Kristy U, General Manager at Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Urbandale/Des Moines, responded to this reviewResponded August 28, 2018

Thank you for sharing your feedback regarding your stay with us! I look forward to seeing you again in the future!

Reviewed August 24, 2018

I stayed here during a very long road trip (27 days). The room was about $20 more then it should have been. I type this after being in so many rooms and paying so many different prices over a 3 week period, so I have a pretty good barometer for 2018. The check-in staff was knowledgeable and friendly while waiting to check in, I was able to watch him handle a problem with a guest (loud man complaining about his room too close to elevator) The room was a little small but worked for me, as I was by myself. It was clean and comfortable and the internet worked well. I was able to get a good nights sleep and breakfast was adequate. The only real complaint I had was that at check out the gentleman at the front desk was unable to look-up my rewards number and apply it to my stay, I forgot to ask for it on check-in. He told me the hotel didn't have access to the number and I would have to call Wyndham to get it applied. I was able to get it taken care of at other Wyndham Hotels but other than that it was a nice stay

• Stayed: August 2018, traveled solo
Kristy U, General Manager at Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Urbandale/Des Moines, responded to this reviewResponded August 27, 2018

Thank you for sharing your review regarding your stay with us. I am sorry to hear the front desk associate was unable to locate your Wyndham rewards number. I will speak to the associates to ensure they all know how to do this to avoid this type of incident in the future.

Reviewed August 20, 2018

I love staying here because of the location and the cleanliness. The beds are so comfortable too. I wanted more protein on the breakfast bar and I asked the GM and the next time I stay they added scrambled egg and cheese. You will not be disappointed staying here. Thank you Kristy Urie for all your help. Bobbie

Stayed: August 2018, traveled on business
Kristy U, General Manager at Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Urbandale/Des Moines, responded to this reviewResponded August 21, 2018

Thank you for such a great rating and review! We are happy to hear you enjoyed your stay with us! I also want to thank you for the suggestion that I was able to implement!!!
We look forward to seeing you again!

Reviewed August 13, 2018

We stayed one night in room # 306 after a whole day spent at the Des Moines State Fair. The room was very adequate but musty and it seems that the people before us were smokers...the pillows smelled terrible. WiFi connectivity was good. Breakfast: poor. The person working the morning of August 12 at the front desk ‘doesn’t like his job’.

Stayed: August 2018, traveled as a couple
Kristy U, General Manager at Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Urbandale/Des Moines, responded to this reviewResponded August 15, 2018

I am sorry to hear that the room was musty and had a smell. I will check into this to see what might be going on in that particular room as this is a non-smoking hotel. I also apologize on behalf of the front desk associate that appeared to "not like his job"...
We have made several changes to the continental breakfast and have added more items than what is required or considered continental, I am sorry if this was not up to par for you.