Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Urbandale/Des Moines
Ranked #3 of 11 Hotels in Urbandale
Reviewed April 30, 2014

I am a former DSM resident. I have family in town, and visit several tiimes a year. It is usually not realistic to stay with my family here when I bring my family.
Recently, I have been making weekly trips to deal with a family member's medical condition. I have been treated wonderfully at this location. Sure, it's not the Waldorf, but I don't expect it to be. The rooms are clean and have all I need. I can get just a basic bedroom, or a small "suite" that also has a sofa, fridge, and microwave. There is cable TV with more channels than a lot of more "fancy" and more expensive hotels. There are 4 restaurants within 1 block, a gas station across the street, and it is one block from an interstate exchange.
The best part has been the service. The front desk has always been courteous and helpful. They even found me a room when the company computer system said they were sold out.
I am greeted by name when I arrive, and they always ask how my family member is doing.
5-Star hotel? Of course not. Quality place to stay? You bet!

Room Tip: Unless all you need is a bed and bathroom, ask for a Queen Suite.

Reviewed April 27, 2014

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled on business
Reviewed April 27, 2014

We were in town for a wedding and spent one night here. we had two rooms, one room had older beds ( which were soft) but the big problem was the heat/AC did not work..as it was in the low 60's out this was not a bad problem but could have been. the other room had new beds which I'm sure they will get many years use out of but they were beyond firm to the point of being hard..the heat did work in this room so it was not a seasonal thing that the other didn't work. buth rooms were very clean and although it is near the freeway were very quiet. Breakfast was about average looking but we went to the Village Inn which is just across the freeway as we were meeting others who had stayed at another hotel...

Room Tip: If you like a firm bed ask for a room with new mattress if not ask for one with the old mattress
  • Stayed: April 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 24, 2014

Reviewed April 22, 2014

Always a happy greeting, a Clean room, a nice rate, love this place and a place to stay. When in des Moines that's where I go

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 17, 2014

Reviewed April 16, 2014

I have stayed at a lot of hotels and the Microtel's are always my favorite. Many hotels do not have a desk and have very poor lighting. Not with Microtel. The ammenities for the business traveler are perfect for my needs.

Thanks!

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham
Also consider these accommodations in or near Urbandale
0 mi away
#2 of 11 in Urbandale
Hampton Inn & Suites Des Moines/Urbandale
0 mi away
Holiday Inn Express & Suites Urbandale

Been to Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Urbandale/Des Moines? Share your experiences!