“Very good”

Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
“Very good”
Reviewed April 8, 2013

Went for Saturday lunch & was very impressed with the food & service. Like the new decor which makes it feel modern but welcoming. Love the huge garden for the kids to let off some steam whilst waiting for lunch too. I had the mussels which although quite small were very tasty. I added chips to the starter size & portion was just right. My dad had fish pie - packed with fish & he said it was lovely. Good kids menu but a little overpriced. Overall food was really tasty & portion sizes just right. Desserts were lovely too especially the choc brownie. Will definitely go back

Visited March 2013

Potton, United Kingdom
“Far too expensive for what it is”
Reviewed April 2, 2013

We've been here a few times in the last year - what started out as an expensive treat with really nice food, has now become an expensive failure. I think the menu changed slightly, but a Sunday roast last month was just silly - a really small amount of food for a big price. I liked going there when it was above average prices but really nice food and a decent portion, but they seem to have elevated where they want to put themselves - and for me I dont want to pay massive money for food thats nice, but then come out still hungry. A real shame.

Visited March 2013
2 Thank Rovers808
Hitchin, England, United Kingdom
“Delicious Sunday lunch”
Reviewed March 24, 2013 via mobile

Just found a new great local pub for Sunday roast. Victoria and the team did a great job to feed up 15 of us after a weekend of celebrations. Good atmosphere and delicious food. Will be back!!

2 Thank Robert H
London, United Kingdom
“An absolute delight!”
Reviewed March 21, 2013

We arrived unannounced to this charming little pub for lunch. We were greeted with a smile and immediately made to feel at home. Our server, Felix, took our belongings and went out of his way to set us up in front of a beautifully warming log fire. He kindly answered all of our questions promptly and without hesitation and even recommended a beautiful bottle of Malbec which kindly accompanied my venison - which was cooked to perfection. The menu has all bases covered, the food cooked perfectly and the service is outstanding. These people clearly take pride in their pub which can clearly be seen through the service, presentation and welcoming feeling you get as you walk through the door. Will definitely come back. Well done!

• Visited March 2013
“Wonderful”
Reviewed March 15, 2013

My partner and I visited the restaurant on a Friday evening and despite it being a little busy in the bar area the restaurant area was lovely and quiet . The bar area was crowded with locals but this actually was nice - lovely welcoming locals all friendly and the atmosphere was great .
We had a meal in the restaurant and I can not fault the food or service , both were exceptional . I had goats cheese and beet root salad followed by salmon and creamy leeks . Whilst my partner had mini haggis balls with black pudding and poached egg followed by local sausages and mash .
The service was fantastic . The staff came over a number of times to see if we needed anything or if our meal was ok but they were not intrusive . Our server - Rosie - was helpful and bubbly . She answered my questions about the meal ( being wheat intolerant , I can be tricky) she gave recommendations and talk me through some options .
All in all I can not wait to Take my family there for a meal and would recommend it to anyone .