Kinabalu Pine Resort
$26
$23
$21
  • Free Internet
Tang Dynasty Bay Hotel(Kota Kinabalu)
$29
Laban Rata(Kundasang)
  • Restaurant
Hotel Yaho(Kota Kinabalu)
  • Restaurant
All reviewspine treesmount kinabalurabbit housedeluxe roommagnificent viewbreakfast and dinnerkundasang townwall fanwar memorialsuperior standardsoupchinese teafacing mtextra mattressstrategic locationwater heatersabah tea
Reviewed July 12, 2012

We stayed in one night deluxe room at Pine Resorts. The resort is included breakfast & Set Dinner. There has a very great view of Mount KK. The room is clean and tidy.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with friends
3  Thank Julia77fg
Reviewed July 8, 2012

This is my first choice of hotel every time i go to Kundasang, Ranau. The resort was quite nice, romantic and nice view of Mt Kinabalu. Service was great and staffs were helpful. Worth to stay, seriously.

Room Tip: Make sure to get a room facing to the Mt Kinabalu.
  • Stayed: March 2012, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Cintame
Reviewed July 5, 2012

Stayed overnight in a standard room package with dinner and breakfast included. Dinner was below average and breakfast was just okay. Love the morning view of Mt Kinabalu. Could have been nicer if there weren't so much pine trees blocking the view. Rabbit house wasn't attractive at all. Those poor animals looked tortured I'm a cramped cage. Location wise is terrific as I can travel to every attraction there within an hour. Should have a policy for silence during late night as my next door "neighbours" children were being a nuisance when I was resting after a day long and tiring journey.

• Stayed: July 2012
1  Thank teruterubonzu
Reviewed June 9, 2012

I just checked ourlt from this resort. I was here with my family. We have booked 2 units of superior standard rooms and 1 standard room. from our rooms, P1&P2, we enjoy 'superior' view of mount Kinabalu. It's beautiful, especially at 6am where the sun shines brightly at the mighty mountain. My mom wakes up at 5am and sit at the wooden chair to enjoy the morning breeze and the crow of the roosters. Truly an escape from the super hot KK town and hustle bustle of KL. We had the steamboat dinner at The Pine restaurant. It is rm33 per pax. Lots of veggies, prawns were fresh while the service was attentive. The soup was a little bland. So, we requested for fried garlic oil. Check in time is at 3pm while check out is at 11am the next day. A very short stay indeed. Poring hot spring is just 30 minutes away while Kialnabalu park is 5 minutes away. Ranau town (where Maybank and KFC are available) is approximately 15 minutes away. Visit the vegetable & fruit market nearby. There is not much to do in this resort. I believe BbQ can be arranged at the reception. This is a good chill out place for families. School holidays rates are slightly expensive. Check out their website for more price details. I emailed Geoffrey and he replies to my email promptly. Staff at the reception are courteous and always ready to help.

• Stayed: June 2012
6  Thank BudgetPaik
Reviewed June 7, 2012

We stayed at KPR for 2 nites on the 19/5 & 20/5. We took 1 superior deluxe and 3 superior standard for 9 of us. The superior standard room is rather small ,just right for 2 persons, & can't accomodate at all any extra bed/mattress or cot. So if you are a party of 3 or have a kid, you must get the superior deluxe room.

Bathrooms seemed to be newly renovated as commented by one of the tripadvisor contributor, but the shower was not strong enough due to low water pressure. I took quite sometime to wash my long hair..
Sound insulation is indeed very bad as all rooms are with timber floorings, a normal step will make a disturbing sound, so try to avoid staying in the lower level of a 2 stories chalet, you will definitely be disturbed by the tenants above you though they are not meant to do so.
Breakfast buffet selection was limited but the chicken porridge we had in the first morning was so good. The next morning they took out the buffet due to low occupancy rate (non-peak season & weekday) & we were served ala carte style with the porridge refillable.
We took the room package with dinner included -- the dishes and portion were better than expected.

Overall our stay is very comfortable due to the cooling weather and the quiet surroundings -- we enjoyed sitting in our balcony, drinking wine/coffee and chit-chatting among ourselves.
The whole KPR have a good view of the Kinabalu Peak & depending on the location to get the best view but for sure you need to go out from room, i dont see any reason why one needs to view the Peak from inside the room.
My mother-in-law likes the hotel a lot -- one early evening, she just sat in her balcony by herself for almost 2 hours, looking at the Mt Kinabalu while drinking some chinese tea , she said she just want to indulge herself in the fresh & cooling air which is not possible to find in Kuala Lumpur or even Cameron Highlands.

However i still think this hotel is a bit overpriced as the room setting is really very basic , more like a hostel than a hotel. Perhaps resources are scarced & expensive to bring any food/materials uphill which make everything costly.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled with family