“Lovely meal”
Review of The White Hart

The White Hart
Ranked #2 of 4 Restaurants in Buxted
Dining options: Reservations
Description: Traditional Pub & Steakhouse. The primary focus at The White Hart is providing our customers with the very best quality produce served with a unique and loving style of service. Let us look after your every need... whether it be steak, fish, cocktails, wine, we'll guide you on your way to the best experience possible.
Reviewed July 31, 2014

This pub is under new management since earlier this year and seems to have had a total refurb. The standard of our meal was excellent, they've a great menu with seasonal, locally sourced food and a good choice for both meat eaters and veggies. There's a good reasonably priced wine list and the service was welcoming and efficient. I would definitely recommend this place based on our experience.

2  Thank Pol T
Tyrone F, General Manager at The White Hart, responded to this reviewResponded August 1, 2014

It is only with genuine feedback are we able to learn and move forward in exceeding expectations of both dish quality and general service.

Thank you for taking the time in writing such a superb review on your most recent visit.,the team will be very happy when I pass the comments onto them.

See you again soon

Reviewed July 20, 2014

Visited the White Hart for the first time last night. I can honestly say the food was excellent and the service attentive but not too intrusive. I had scallops and fillet steak, perfectly cooked and well presented. My partner had tempura squid and the sirloin which was also delicious. The wine list was good and not ridiculously priced. Overall a wonderful night that exceeded our expectations. Well worth a visit.

2  Thank Sue T
Tyrone F, Manager at The White Hart, responded to this reviewResponded July 21, 2014

It is only with constructive reviews are we able to move forward and exceed expectations at all levels.

Thank you for the review you have given, I will am sure the team will be as happy as I am.

Reviewed July 20, 2014 via mobile

After a nice meal here (reviewed 13th April 2014), we had hoped for the same yesterday evening.

Sadly the menu has changed and in our opinion - not for the better.

I was very polite when we left and just said if the menu was ever to change we would be back to try again, it was suggested to me that the lunchtime menu may be more our thing????

My wife and I have dined out in many restaurants countrywide - from low-key family pubs to Michelin started offerings, to be 'labelled' as a 'pub grub' person (probably because I was wearing shorts & a t shirt) was at the very least 'presumptuous'.

Better menu, sensible pricing & non judgemental staff = success......

4  Thank Sussexsassenach

I am sorry to hear you felt someone within the team had been somehow judgmental! I don’t believe it was the member of staffs intention to be judgmental, but clearly stating we had an alternative menu that ran during the day. This was only based on your comments in regarding the current menu to the member of staff whilst you were sitting at the table. I can also assure you none of our menus including the day menu which was mentioned to you would be considered as run of the mill "pub grub" and in so judgmental.

I am also surprised you never looked at the menus displayed in the case on the wall outside or currently online prior to sitting down at the table. The menus here sometimes change weekly based on availability of fresh and seasonal produce.

The White Hart operates a non-formal dining experience in conjunction with a totally fresh food offer. Many of our guests wear shorts and more casual attire during both the evening and day trading sessions. This is what separates us from our competitors and core to being what we are “a village pub”.

I am sorry if you feel offended in someway, If wish to discuss this further please contact me at the Pub at anytime!

Reviewed July 13, 2014

We were welcomed warmly. The menu choices were varied and we had a mixed selection. The food was served promptly but we were not rushed. The wine list is good and the prices reasonable. There's a good selection of soft drinks too. We thoroughly enjoyed ourselves and were very pleased with the service and in the words of Arnie “We’ll be back”. I would recommend that anyone passing call in for a break.

1  Thank David B
Tyrone F, General Manager at The White Hart, responded to this reviewResponded July 16, 2014

Thank you for taking the time to give your feed-back on your most recent visit to The White Hart Pub. It is only with honest constructive feed-back are we able to learn and improve our food and service delivery and in so exceed expectations on all levels.

I am sure the team will be as happy as I am when I inform them of your comments.

See you soon.

With Thanks

Reviewed July 1, 2014

A friend told me about this recently re-done restaurant/pub so we added it to our dining circuit. It was really good - nicely laid out room (didn't try the conservatory) with beams and fires; and a good menu. It was a bit quiet so the staff were a bit over-attentive but very pleasant. My wife had fish cakes and I had asparagus with poached egg for starters followed by sea bass for her and steak for me. The food was tasty but very strong in pepper, which fortunately we like. Desserts were good too - my blackcurrant & licorice cheesecake in a glass was unusual. Only £85 with wine and a prosecco aperitif. We'll add it to our list of good local places to eat.

Tyrone F, General Manager at The White Hart, responded to this reviewResponded July 2, 2014

Thank you for taking the time to give a review on your most recent visit, only with feedback are we able to learn and move forward with excellent food and service delivery.

I was very happy to read your review of The White Hart Pub and I will be pass on your comments to both the front and back of house teams.

See you again soon