“Good food, great range of wines and friendly service.”
Review of The White Hart

The White Hart
Ranked #2 of 4 Restaurants in Buxted
Dining options: Reservations
Description: A Country Pub serving the very best of locally sourced produce from within the County. Menus changed monthly with an entire focus on quality dishes served in a relaxed atmosphere. Beautiful beer garden to the rear of the pub and seating front and back. Family and dog friendly pub. A private Dining area with seating for up to fifty people is available, please call for details.
Royal Tunbridge Wells, United Kingdom
“Good food, great range of wines and friendly service.”
Reviewed February 5, 2014

I visited with friends several months after The White Hart had opened. We all enjoyed the food from what is quite a varied menu with the food being well presented. You can have everything from a burger to a steak and fish along with what was an excellent veggie option on the night.The service was good - there was always a friendly smile. And the wine list is exceptional which is what it should be considering all the wines are sourced by The Secret Cellar. Decent wine glasses too.

This place warrants 5 stars but small points prevent this from being a 5 star review. The lighting is too bright if you sit at a table near the bar. And why encourage us to use Facebook to comment on our meal but not allow us to use the WiFi? One of my group is a local businessman and would use the restaurant over lunchtimes if it had WiFi he could access. The cheesecake was a tiny portion, not really as described by the server as two wedges, compared to the sponge which was very generous.

All in all however a very good new find in an area that seems to lack good pub eating places. I'm sure the new management team will pick up on the fine detail and improve upon the overall experience.

• Visited February 2014

“Sunday lunch and walk with the kids”
Reviewed February 4, 2014 via mobile

Food was tasty and reasonably priced, service was excellent. Lovely valley walk nearby - altogether a great Sunday with the family. Will definitely be back, thank you!

Buxted
“Great night with friends”
Reviewed February 2, 2014 via mobile

we went with friends to this pub without booking a table. The very helpful girl behind the bar found us a table. And we had the best meal and wine in a long time, excellent value, excellent staff all added up to a great night. A great addition to the village- A PUB. Give it a go.

Visited January 2014
Uckfield, United Kingdom
“Vegetarians Delight”
Reviewed January 29, 2014

We ate here on Sat 25th Jan What an absolute surprise to be able to choose a main meal which was not just a bowl of something ( normally rissotto at the moment) but infact a fabulous mushrom and blue cheese pie with straw poatoes and spinach and roasted celeriac. The starter and sweets were lovely too. All 3 other diners also enjoyed their dinners and a brilliant evening was had by all. WE eat out quite a bit and this was the best Vegetarian option I have had in years. Thank you White Hart. We will be back soon.

• Visited January 2014
Five Ashdown
“An excellent family meal”
Reviewed January 27, 2014 via mobile

We visited The White Hart for the second time earlier this week, this time with my 2 young children as well as my wife. The kids menu is not extensive but very varied. My daughter had the fish, and my son the chicken escalope, which were both of good size and both children cleared their plates. My wife had the ribeye, which she said was cooked to perfection, and I chose the pork belly, which was beautifully presented and absolutely delicious.

The mains were certainly filling but we couldn't resist a look at the desert menu, from which I chose the newly added spotted dick to share with my wife, which was lovely (perhaps a bit small to share if we hadn't been so full up), and the children were kept quiet with their choice of icecream and plenty of colouring books.

All in all I can definitely say this is a fantastic addition to Buxted, with friendly accommodating staff and a lovely bar area with a cosy fire to add to the traditional pub feel. We will most definitely be returning!