“Hidden gem, ready to shine.”

The Buxted Inn Hotel
Ranked #1 of 1 Buxted B&B and Inns
Reviewed November 18, 2012

This family fun pub has a room face lift that would more than match hotels that charge double these guys room rates.
Apparently the pub is due for a make over next...

Their attention to detail and passion more than compensates for a bar that is a little bit stuck in the past in deco.

Fab food - the queue of locals that line the bar and restaurant are evidence of the owners love of their pub and proof of their determination to please their repeat custom.

This is a hidden gem, that's ready to shine. Best of luck to the brothers that run it today.

• Stayed: November 2012
1  Thank RobWard

Reviewed November 16, 2012

Superb room, recently modernised to a very high standard indeed, with free wi-fi. The only criticism was the lack of storage for clothes etc. No drawers, just open shelves and hanging space. That said, facilities were excellent and the staff were friendly and helpful. Great food too, so a memorable and enjoyable 3 night stay.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 16, 2012

In stayed at the Buxted inn for 1 night whilst in the area on business on 15th November 2012. The pub is very smart, clean and well decorated, whilst still undergoing upgrade works. The restaurant is excellent. The choice and quality of food is on a par with anywhere ive tried previousley. Its quite cordon bleu (if thats the right phrase!) with interesting dishes and a very broad choice. The bedroom i stayed in was immaculate. The furniture, fittings and bathroom are all first rate. Very reasonable cost for the quality and i heartily recommend the Buxted Inn.

Room Tip: Room 8 was lovely. I didn't visit any other rooms but guess they're all as good.
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed November 11, 2012

This hotel has been refurbished to an excellent standard and delivers first class service and food. it was also very friendly and our host very keen and enthusiastic about his hotel. We thought we'd found a real gem. Like others we were looking for somewhere convenient for a family event, and were pleasantly surprised by the quality of everything, from the rooms to the food. Little touches - like spotting us in a busy bar and coming over to make sure we had the menus for dinner, the fact that the standard help yourself breakfast is replaced by one that provides all those options, but delivers them to you fresh. I loved the plate of freshly cut fruit. At dinner the scallop starter and marmite of fish were both excellent, and my home made soup the best I'd had for a long time.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed November 7, 2012

I stayed here for two nights to attend a wedding nearby. I was expecting a tired and noisy room above a pub so was very pleasantly surprised to find a large, recently decorated room that could have passed for a show home. The quality of the fixtures and fittings was superb with attention to detail such as an i-pod docking station.

The breakfast was beautifully presented with an excellent choice of dishes for such a small inn (there are only eight bedrooms). The owners were very friendly and customer focused. I would thoroughly recommend the Buxted Inn.

Stayed: October 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed November 3, 2012

My company used the hotel several times over a one month period as we were working in the local area. I was told how good it was by the guys who work for me so decided when I had to stay in the area myself for one night to give it a try.
I have to say I travel a great deal and I found the welcome excellent, the room was immaculate with good attention to detail.I would highly recommend to anyone staying in the area for business or pleasure and especially as it offers exceptional value for money.

Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed October 30, 2012

Booked here late for a one night stay prior to a local funeral not knowing the area.we travelled from Cheshire on a wet Sunday arriving quite late.However we were initially impressed with the care that the owner,Jason,took to warn us that they didn't offer dinner on Sunday evenings but giving us alternatives elsewhere. Upon arrival we were greeted by a very chatty and helpful young woman at the bar. She got us settled very quickly . The room was stunning. All very new and modern with every technology and quite a surprise in such a small village. We had some lovely Harvey beers and jolly chats with the barmaid before retiring for a most comfortable night.Breakfast was bounteous and so tasty.Sadly we didn't get to sample the dinner menu but we will be back! Thanks to all.

• Stayed: October 2012
Also consider these accommodations in or near Buxted
Buxted Park Hotel
2 mi away
Chequers Inn
Chequers Inn
#1 of 1 in Maresfield

Been to The Buxted Inn Hotel? Share your experiences!