“Good service, average food, hard beds, dirty pool and hot tub.”

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Tama
Meskwaki Bingo Casino Hotel
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Tama
Reviewed April 13, 2013

Stayed free because we joined club mesquaki. Ate the seafood buffet for22 dollars per person. King crab legs and prime rib were good. Slots are tight and entertainment in the lounge was too crowded. Could not get a drink and there was no room for watching the show. Bans itself was average and played mostly country. The pool was very dirty and we had someone else tell us they were coated with stuff when they got out. We saw about 30 kids in the area the night before and then went back at 9 am and there we more kids in both the hot tub and pool. Need to go after11 pm or before 7 am.

Room Tip: North tower has fridge and newer rooms.
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank dragonfeathr

Reviewed April 6, 2013

Driving across Iowa & decided to stay a night at the hotel/casino. Had a nice room for the money. The only problem seemed to be the food at the buffet that night, husband ate some terrible looking mushrooms. I don't like mushrooms so naturally they looked terrible to me. They were like glazed & broken in pieces (maybe old). Anyway, about 6 hours after eating he was up the rest of the night vomiting & diarrhea. Several times overnight. Left early next morning with 7up & was vomiting & diarrhea all the next day. Outside of that dilemma, everything else was great. We've always been well satisfied with the buffet other times. They could loosen up their slots. We'll be back sometime, husband says he'll be careful of what he eats when at the buffet.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Sharlene H
Reviewed March 5, 2013

I wa at your lovely casino a few months ago, Really enjoyed our stay, for the 2nd tine. I purchased a watch from gift shop. The spring on the band came off. I tried to get it repaired locally to no avail. I returned watch along with my players card (about 2 weeks after I came home), Asked for repair, or new watch or refund To this day I have not heard a thing. I am greatly disappointed in your fine establishment. Any ideas from anyone?

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with friends
7  Thank Jeanie E
Reviewed December 6, 2012

THe rooms in the newer tower are in better condition than the old tower. We have stayed in both on consecutive trips there.
THe furniture is almost identical but the rugs are more worn in the old tower with some loose wrinkles that could be a tripping hazzard. There was no mini-fridge in our room in the old tower.
It is also a lot longer walk across the whole lobby area to get to the swimint pool area. We felt rather conspicuous in addition to getting very cold when we passed the opening doorways.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
7  Thank wesd
Reviewed October 25, 2012

My husband and I usually visit this property 4 to 5 times a year. We are members of the players club and recieve free rooms, free slot and table play, comp money for food, and even dicounts on gas.
The hotel is very clean and newly remodeled. We have also used the spa several times for massages which you get a discount on with your players card. Spa is nice, only thing I would say that is a negative is that the hot tubs are mens and womens, so my husband and I could not relax together before or after our massage.
The food is AMAZING!!! The buffet has so many choices, and the king crab legs are some of the best I have ever had. The steak restaurant as well as the little cafe are both very good as well. The food arcade located in the casino has some great choices as well. I would recommend the hot beef and philly cheese stake.
As for the casino, there is lots of choices from slots, table games, and a poker room. The table games could open more tables to make it easier to play if you are with people and would like to play. There is a lot of people who "camp out" on the tables I have noticed. Staff and dealers have all always been very nice and friendly!

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
4  Thank Melia H
Reviewed September 25, 2012

The crab legs were very good. They've changed it around so the crab legs are placed on your plate by an employee, they didn't run out as frequently this way, which was nice. The rest of the buffet is just ok. They need to skip the scallops or figure out a different way to serve them as they are terrible. The chocolate raspberry ice cream is also very good.

I mainly go for the crab legs, so it's worth the price to me.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Phyllis B
Reviewed September 23, 2012

We stayed recently on our way home from a short trip to Hoovers Presidential Library and Amana for a little shopping.The room was nice, comfortable and clean. We did have a couple kids bouncing around the room next door in the middle of the night but otherwise a pleasant stay. They have several dining options. We ate a small dinner at the little food court. It was decent food. We ate at the buffet for breakfast the following morning. It was good with many choices. Everyone we encountered was very friendly from the desk clerks, maids,security guards, and casino employees. The casino is very light with high ceilings. The smoke didn't seem too bad. I won enough to make it fun. They had a lot of new machines I had never played before. I would go back again.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank rdtripmn
Also consider these accommodations in or near Tama
Designer Inn and Suites
Hampton Inn & Suites Marshalltown
Super 8 Toledo
Super 8 Toledo
#1 of 2 in Toledo

Been to Meskwaki Bingo Casino Hotel? Share your experiences!