The Franklin Hotel
$82
Travelocity
$54
TripAdvisor
Comfort Inn & Suites(Independence)
$84
Comfort Inn(Dyersville)
$99
ComfortInn
$70
See what travelers are saying:
Reviewed December 20, 2010

We stayed here on our way the southern IL and on the way back. Great Value!!!
Rooms are small. It not a Hampton Inn. the staff is very friendly. Doug the owner of the hotel was very friendly. The breakfast was great on a good Value. I would stay there again.

• Stayed: December 2010, traveled as a couple
3  Thank NPrunner
Reviewed July 9, 2010

Had an absolutely wonderful stay. Thoroughly enjoyed the home cooked/baked food in the restaurant. Room was clean and comfortable. Restaurant staff was very cordial while check-n was quite casual through bar staff . Absolutely recommend for low key, relaxed, midwest get away. Try the picket fence wine!

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled on business
3  Thank nunyadb
Reviewed November 22, 2009

I needed a place to stay near Edgewood for business, and was surprised to find this place on the web. This is one of the last little downtown hotels left in the US, and it's a really neat old place.

I called to reserve a room, and arranged to pick the key up, as they close the restaurant at 2 and leave around 3 on Sunday. The hotel is a two story brick building from 1903, right on the corner at the 'downtown' intersection. The interior is very nice, the lobby has a mosaic floor and a lot of original fixtures. The rate was surprisingly low, only $45 + tax.

When I came back to town that evening, I let myself in and went upstairs to my room. The rooms are very old fashioned, the kind with a sink in the room. I had a nice big bed, antique furniture, and a TV. The transom even worked! The bathroom was very clean and new, but I was really hoping to find a chain flush toilet when I opened the door. I had a view out the front, over the tiny downtown. This is a small town, and I had a very quiet night. In fact, I may have been the only person in the building. I would have rated this place a 5, but the radiator came on around 10, and I was unable to turn it down. Eventually, I slept on top of the sheets with the window open (it was down around 34 that night).

• Stayed: November 2009, traveled on business