Super 8 Story City
$87
$94
HIExpress.com
$70
Red Roof Inn Ames(Ames)(Great Value!)
$110
$61
$51
$109
$109
AmericInn Ames(Ames)(Great Value!)
$92
  • Breakfast included
See what travelers are saying:
FilterAll languages
Reviewed October 14, 2012

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Super 8
Reviewed August 7, 2012

We have stayed here several times through the years and we have yet to be disappointed. The rooms are always clean, the beds comfortable and the owners are not only efficient but very nice. We had vehicle trouble on one of our stays and he went out of his way to help us. With owners like these who really care about their property we will stay here whenever we are in the area.

• Stayed: August 2012
Reviewed July 3, 2012

Stopped here to stay on way to Mn. Was very pleasantly surprised. Was clean and new. Nothing fancy but great for the price. The next morning saw head of housekeeping checking cleanliness of rooms checking above windows under counters ect... How refreshing to see someone who truly cares about their guests. Would recommend this as a great stopover on your way to wherever. Also check out the quaint little town. Has its own cauresel and great antique store

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed July 2, 2012

The staff was friendly and the room had been cleaned. The AC was having a hard time cooling the room. It was hot in the room until about 2 am when I woke up cold. It was a 100 degree day so the AC just couldn't handle it.

I'm a smoker and the smoking room I had must of had a chain smoker in it before me. For me to notice I would think that if there were any non-smoking rooms on the 2nd floor you would be able to smell it out in the hallway.

Bed was frim just the way I like them.

Would I stay again maybe for one night if I had a pet with me. If traveling without a pet probably not.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed June 14, 2012

We decided to stay at this hotel when many in Ames, IA, were unavailable. Based on the reviews of it being an ok place, we stayed here. It was a very basic hotel. It was clean, but there was a fragrance throughout the hotel and in the room that is a problem if you are sensitive to fragrances, like I am. I will choose a different hotel, probably in a neighboring city, the next time I pass this way.

There are very few options for restaurants in this town. All of the restaurants are family restaurants; we wanted to have a beer with dinner, but that is not an option, as none of the restaurants have a bar. We ended up eating in a bar and having the food delivered to us from a nearby restaurant -- this was the suggestion of the bartender.

There are enough other cities close by with more options, so I will stay elsewhere next time.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple