“Walked in to new carpet and new pool area - nice”
Review of Comfort Inn

Comfort Inn
Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Story City
Reviewed April 12, 2013

I have stayed at this hotel in my previous travels up I-35 so felt comfortable pulling in late at night. I was pleasantly surprised at all the updates. The place looked new again. They have also replaced their TV's with flat screens since the last time I was there. Tyler, the front desk person, remembered me, got me in a room and I was a happy traveler. When I got up the next morning, I saw they had redone their breakfast area as well and have added a lot of new items. Blueberry waffles - wonderful!! I will stay here again on my travels.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
2  Thank Imelda74
Online_Relations12, Public Relations Manager at Comfort Inn, responded to this reviewResponded April 15, 2013

Hi Imelda74,

Thanks so much for the review and kind words. As you mentioned, we were recently able to upgrade many of the amenities at our hotel, including the televisions, pool area and breakfast area, among others.

We're excited to see you on you next trip up the 35!

Best,
Sam, on behalf of Comfort Inn Story City

Reviewed January 24, 2013

Stayed here for 7 nights in January 2013. Room was comfortable, breakfast room convenient, but some of the staff were very unprofessional, which seriously affected my overall satisfaction. If they get that under control, it will be a pleasant place to stay. Also, no fridge in room, its an extra $5 per day. I saw them hauling fridges around every day. Why not just put fridges in all the rooms? Its a family hotel and families need fridges.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank lily_99654
Online_Relations12, Public Relations Manager at Comfort Inn, responded to this reviewResponded February 1, 2013

Thanks for the review, lily_99654.

We're glad you found your room and breakfast convenient. We take great pride in those things. However, we're sorry you found some of our staff members unprofessional, as we take great pride in treating our guest with courtesy and typically don't receive reports like this. We'll take extra care to uphold the high standards we've set for ourselves.

Regards,
Sam, on behalf of Comfort Inn Story City

Reviewed December 31, 2012

We ended up at this hotel during the recent blizzard and it was a gem! The hotel is very clean and much nicer then some Choice hotels I have stayed at. Breakfast was an excellent choice of items including waffels, eggs and sausage with plenty of seating. The pool was in great condition and nice and warm. The staff was also wonderful and so helpful to us!

We were able to enjoy downtown Story City for a great meal and some shopping at local stores. If you are coming to Ames, this would be an excellent option for an out of the way room in a great community.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Jennifer W
Reviewed November 20, 2012

We love this motel! Pet friendly and clean. Staff is friendly and helpful. It is worth looking for as the breakfast is the best. It is quiet in the evenings. We look forward to our next stay when we pass by Story City Iowa.
Charlie's mom

Room Tip: Room was great. Staff does a great job of placing you.
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Louise T
Reviewed November 5, 2012

Property location is not readily accessible from the highway. I didn't see the main entrance until the second day of our stay and had been using the adjacent near-vacant outlet mall parking lot to enter the motel's lot. The main entrance enters the parking lot from the back and side of the motel, while the entrance from the mall goes directly to the front of the motel.

When we checked-in, the night clerk was standing outside the front door smoking and the lobby stunk of his cigarettes. He was friendly, but I couldn't get over the stench, which wafted up the elevator shaft. We stayed two nights, but had no housekeeping service the first night. We had to ask a housekeeper for new towels and amenities at 5:00 PM. They were still cleaning rooms and we had left the motel at 8:30 that morning. The only thing that seemed to be quick at this motel were the check-in and check-out.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Skiblzr
Online_Relations12, Guest Relations Manager at Comfort Inn, responded to this reviewResponded November 7, 2012

Thanks for the review, Skiblzr.

If any of our future guests are confused about how to access our parking lot and facilities, feel free to check the Comfort Inn website for a map and directions to the hotel from all directions. You can find it here: http://bit.ly/TLuKlR

Reviewed November 5, 2012

We stayed here recently while visiting family, and the staff was very friendly and helpful. I have celiac disease and need gluten free foods, and the staff allowed me to use their microwave to cook my own food. Also, the continental breakfast was wonderful... it included hard boiled eggs (which i can have) and gluten free yogurt. The other choices for breakfast were enjoyed by the other members in my family (make your own waffle bar, juices, fresh milk, cereals, bagels and breads for toasting, scrambled eggs and sausage). A great family place to stay right off the highway! The room was very spacious, clean and nice!

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank pinquechocolat
Reviewed November 5, 2012

we were more than impressed with the services there. everyone is very nice and welcoming. we thought the breakfast was very good and wake up call was right on time. extremely comfortable beds. think it is a wonderful place to stay. Although i think it might be more convenient to have the phone next to the bed but other than that cant complain a bit.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Ames
Viking Hotel
Viking Hotel
#3 of 3 in Story City

Been to Comfort Inn? Share your experiences!