“Great Place”

Ranked #2 of 4 Hotels in Storm Lake
Omaha, Ne
“Great Place”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 13, 2012

This Super 8 is very clean, peaceful, comfortable place to stay. It is vary conveniently located to places to eat. Beds were clean and comfortable. Sheets were soft. pillows fluffy. We had a microwave and fridge in our room which is always a plus. I did not smell even a hint of smoke on the first floor were our room was. Staff was polite and friendly. I will stay here again. Great job management!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank lnjjacob
John R, General Manager at Super 8 Storm Lake, responded to this review, October 29, 2012
I am pleased you enjoyed your stay with us. It is always a pleasure to hear back from guests. I will be certain to share your comments with my staff, it gives them such pride to hear their efforts are recognized.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
Pratt, Kansas
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 2, 2012

I was concerned about staying here because I read numerous reviews that said the place smelled like smoke, but I didn't smell smoke at all. I ended up with a handicap room with a queen bed. The room was clean, but it was very small. The room seemed smaller because the handicap bathroom was big. The big bathroom was nice, but there was very little counter space in there. The towels were good, and the shower head was awesome. There was no microwave which I have come to expect at all hotels I stay at. Since the room was small, hanging clothes up is an issue. The chair was pushed up against the wall where the hangers are, so if you need to hang anything up you have to pull the chair out. I gave the hotel a 4 because it was clean, the towels were good, the bed was comfortable, the place was clean, and the staff was very nice and friendly. The breakfast was the usual Super 8 breakfast (barely adequate), but that is what I expect from a Super 8, so it was no surprise. I would stay here again.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
John R, General Manager at Super 8 Storm Lake, responded to this review, October 11, 2012
Thank you for your response! As the new manager I have made efforts to eliminate the smoke odor problem that so many guests noticed. I am pleased you tried us despite the comments on the internet sites and found our efforts successful. I look forward to your next visit.
Walnut, Iowa
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 10, 2012

We stayed at Super 8 in Storm Lake, IA last weekend in one of their King size rooms. Front desk helpers are very nice and efficient. The bed was comfortable. The room was nice and clean with the A/C working very well. Good selection of channels on T.V. The front lobby did smell of smoke, but the room didn't so that was the important thing. The breakfast was okay....had the usual waffles, bread, rolls, cold cereal, milk, coffee....but, no orange or apple juice, no oatmeal, no fresh fruit. Overall, I'd say this is an average motel but then the price was average too. Ruth Blum

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Thank you for taking the time to give us feedback on our performance. As the new manager at the property I have taken action to resolve some of the concerns guests were having. We are in the process of eliminating the smoking rooms on the first floor, grouping the few we will have together and sealing off around the doors so the smoke cannot seep into the hallways. We have already received positive feedback that our efforts are making a difference on the smoke problem although the project is not yet complete. In order to offer a more enticing breakfast, we have added fresh fruit, hard boiled egges, oatmeal and hot chocolate. Juice has always been available; unforntunately it needs to be in the lobby where there is a water source and many guests did not find it. I have framed a sign in the breakfast room to direct guests to the juice and hot water for tea and oatmeal. I hope you will visit us again.
Atlantic, Iowa
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 1, 2012

The positive: inexpensive, ok continental breakfast, free wi-fi, mini-fridge and microwave in the room.

The negative: they allow smoking so the lobby, hallways and even non-smoking rooms smell like an ashtray. It's awful. Plus the walls are thin and the motel is at the cross roads of two very busy streets so the street noise is loud, day and night.

Next time I will stay at the Light House Inn. It's locally owned and a better value.

Stayed March 2012, traveled with family
Thank you for your feedback, it is only with such that I can make changes to improve the next guest's visit! As the new manager I am making efforts to resolve previous customer issues. We are reducing the number of smoking rooms, grouping them all together in one section on the second floor, and sealing around the doors so the smoke cannot seep into the public areas and other rooms. For guests who are sensitive to noise, we recommend rooms on the back side of the hotel which are far away from the traffic. I hope you will try us again, just let the desk clerk know you would like a quiet room, or you may contact me directly and I will assure you have an accomodation that exceeds your expectations. We have alos improved our continental breakfast since your visit to include freshly made waffles, cinnamon rolls, fresh fruit, hard boiled eggs, oatmeal and hot chocolate.
SD
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 15, 2012

We have stayed here numerous times on business. This hotel does smell of smoke when you first enter the lobby, however, our room a King NS did not smell at all. Our room was extremely clean, had enough towels, and a fairly comfortable bed. The breakfast does not have any hot items or anything with protein, but for the price you can go to a restaurant. We would stay here again.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled on business
2 Thank Travelmomma78
I am pleased you enjoyed your stay! We are instituting several changes to further improve our guest satisfaction. We are reducing the number of smoking rooms and all of those will be together on the second floor to reduce the odor smelled by other guests. In addition, we are sealing off around the doors of smoking rooms to keep the smoke from seeping into the hallways. And we are proud to announce that we have added several items to our breakfast lineup to meet guest requests; fresh fruit, hard boiled eggs, oatmeal and hot chocolate. Look forward to seeing you next time you are in Storm Lake.
Sioux Falls
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 8, 2011

The hotel did smell a bit like smoke, but nothing extreme. Our room was on the 2nd floor and had plenty of space for us and our 3 kids. The room was clean and tidy. The only thing about the room was our lamp didn't have a switch to turn on and off, and in the bathroom, a few holes in the ceiling were plugged with tissue paper. The breakfast is basic; cereal and toast, coffee and juice. But again, you get what you pay for. We spent $60 for a room and it met our needs. Would go back again, as the staff was nice and polite. Met our needs for that weekend.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled with family
Thank you for your feedback. As the new general manager I am utilizing past reviews to improve the visit for our next guests. We are emilinating the smoke problem by moving all the smoking rooms to the second floor, reducing the number of smoking rooms and sealing around the doors so the smoke does not drift out of the smoking rooms into the public areas. We have enhanced our breakfast to include freshly made waffles, improved cinammon rolls, fresh fruit, hard boiled eggs, oatmeal and hot chocolate. I hope you will visit us again to see the changes we are instituting.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Storm Lake
Boulders Inn & Suites Holstein
Lighthouse Inn
Lighthouse Inn
#2 of 2 in Storm Lake

Been to Super 8 Storm Lake? Share your experiences!