Cold cold cold. There's no other way to describe the waterpark. We stayed for four days and for some reason the water was cold our entire stay. I say 'for some reason' because I never heard the same reason twice from various employees. Didn't really matter though, the little kids' shivering and blue lips tell the full story.
All three bathrooms in the pool area were closed the entire time we were there due to a frozen pipe. We had to trek the kids downstairs to the cold basement to use the bathrooms there. On top of that the virtual reality effects in the blue waterslide worked partially for the first few days and stopped working entirely the last day we were there.
We had a 2-queen suite. The room was nice enough but the 'bedroom' has no doors on it. That means if you're laying in bed watching TV you get to see and hear the kids' TV near the couch too. There's no privacy possible (ie to change into swimsuits) except for the bathroom.
The place was clean enough and the maintenance man came up immediately to unclog the plumbing when we had a problem.
This place has the potential to be great but the apparent lack of care by management to keep things working properly means that there are far better places to stay for the same money. If you're going in winter, beware the water temperature.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Enjoy outdoor and indoor waterpark fun next to a 3200 acre lake! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travelocity, Expedia, Hotels.com, Priceline, Hotwire, Cancelon, Orbitz, TripOnline SA, Cheap Tickets and getaroom.com so you can book your King's Pointe Waterpark Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- King`s Pointe Waterpark Hotel Storm Lake
- Kings Pointe Waterpark Hotel
- Hotel Kings Pointe Waterpark
- King's Pointe Waterpark Resort Storm Lake, Iowa