“BAD EXPIRENCE!!!!!!”

King's Pointe Waterpark Resort
Ranked #2 of 4 Hotels in Storm Lake
Reviewed November 29, 2013

Purchased 4 rooms, 2 nights each with 100.00 gift card for food. Christmas gifts for the kids. Problem came with my son not getting there. Wanted my daighter to give it to a friend.
We live 2 hrs aeay & rather than fax or email a copy they had to have original tickets. THEY DIDNT HAVE TROUBLE TAKING MY MONEY. They ma de it almost impossible for us to use our reservations. About 2 thousand $ later & overcharging on the rooms I can truely say, Never Again @Kings Pointe.

• Stayed: November 2013
1  Thank heart_rose55
KingsPointe, Manager at King's Pointe Waterpark Resort, responded to this reviewResponded December 12, 2013

Thank you so much for taking the time to write about your experience you recently had at King’s Pointe Resort. We never like to hear of any of our guests having a negative experience while they are staying with us and I do apologize for any inconvenience this has caused you and your family. I do understand your frustration you must have had after putting so much money towards an amazing gift for your family to enjoy, then not being able to use them as they were intended to be used. We do have a policy that the original paper gift certificate must be presented at time of check-in to redeem that gift certificate.

Again, I do understand how difficult it is to get several families together and I do apologize for the inconvenience we have caused. We do hope you and your family will return to King’s Pointe Resort in the future. We want you to be able to enjoy a “true” King’s Pointe experience with ALL of your family together. Please feel free to contact me should you need anything further.

Wendy Oleson
Guest Services Manger
712-213-5706

Reviewed November 15, 2013

I stay at the King's Point Resort once a month and have always had a great experience. Room service is fast and the food is high quality. Temperature control in the room has always been good and the free internet service is easy to use. I get a corporate rate so the value is great. The restaurant offers nightly specials and has a god atmosphere.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed November 15, 2013

We held a training meeting in the resort. My room was very nice and comfortable. the meeting room was ample the meal for my guests was well recieved. Thanks to everyone who made this work so well. Because this turned out so well, I will likely book this venue for similar training twice a year. One thing i would improve, if it was my resort, is to take the phone OFF the front desk. The first person you see as you walk in should not be wrapped up in time consuming minutia while guests are arriving. By the time she finished getting slammed by the phones, there were several of us waiting to check in. From a guests perspective: most of us have just come off the road, we are tired and just want to put our bags down and unwind for a minute; not wait 30 minutes just to check in.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed November 11, 2013

We loved staying in the cabins. We rented 2 cabins, one for the youngsters and one for the older people; therefore, we could really spread out. Being together, yet in spacious quarters reminded of home. We all kept busy doing what we love: pheasant hunting, playing in the water park, eating and playing outside.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family
KingsPointe, Sales & Events Coordinator at King's Pointe Waterpark Resort, responded to this reviewResponded November 15, 2013

Dear Camille L,

Thank you for staying at King’s Pointe Resort! We are so happy to hear you loved staying in the cabins.

The cabins are a perfect fit for families so we are pleased to hear you felt at home during your stay. We’re glad you enjoyed your weekend playing outside and at the waterpark and we hope you had a successful weekend pheasant hunting!

Thanks so much for your feedback, we really appreciate it. We look forward to your next stay with us!

In the meantime, please feel free to ‘like’ us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter (@kings_pointe), or sign up for our newsletter on our website for the latest specials and upcoming events.

Samantha Kavan
Sales & Events Coordinator

Reviewed November 11, 2013

lake views are nice, especially in spring, summer and fall. Resort is best place to stay on the Hwy 20 corridor between Sioux City and Fort dodge. I stay very often on business and the facility is an excellent value. All the staff are super pleasant and helpful. Food in the restaurant is very good though the breakfast hours could easily be extended to 0630 to catch other travellers with early appointments.
On the "opportunities for improvement" side: Rooms and facilities are getting a little tired and tend to be a bit dark, especially in the cooler months. The one major complaint is the speed of service for breakfast. The slow pace of service (an hour for breakfast? When you are first in the restaurant?) is ridiculous. To happen every day is a performance issue. I have abandoned for other venues in town.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed November 7, 2013

I was in storm lake for a week on business, at the end of my day I like to swim a few laps in the pool and take a hot tub to relax. The hotel is supposed to be a water park resort but when I asked about using the facilities I was informed that off season the water park is only open on weekends and then guests must buy a pass. Needless to say this was a disappoint to me. On the upside the room was spacious and clean and the staff all exhibited Midwestern friendliness. Next time in town I'll just stay in a chain hotel

Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business
KingsPointe, Manager at King's Pointe Waterpark Resort, responded to this reviewResponded November 11, 2013

Dear philkilmer,

I am sorry to hear that you were disappointed the waterpark was not open during your stay. You are correct, we are a waterpark resort and we have customized our waterpark for families to be entertained. Our waterpark does not have a regular pool or an area in which one would be able to swim laps Our waterpark consists of several waterslides, a lazy river, basketball hoop and various other water attractions to entertain you for hours. We do limit the hours of this area during the week as we have found the majority of those using the waterpark only do so on weekends. I am again sorry for the inconvenience this caused you during your stay at King's Pointe Resort.

I am pleased to see that you found your guest room clean and spacious as well as our staff being helpful and friendly. I do hope that you will reconsider staying with us on your next trip to Storm Lake, Iowa.

In the meantime, feel free to ‘like’ us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter (@kings_pointe), or sign up for our newsletter on our website for the latest specials and upcoming events.

Wendy Oleson
Guest Services Manager

Reviewed September 12, 2013

My wife and I spent our mini-honeymoon there. It was a lovely hotel. The staff were extremely friendly. The room was nice and large. We had a 3rd floor room with a balcony facing the lake. We watched the sunset from our balcony and it was so lovely. The restaurant had good food. We weren't able to go to the waterpark due to running out of time, but we walked around the park and it looked pretty fun. The trail around the lake was nice also. The only complaint I have about the stay was that the water pressure in the shower was low and it could not be changed with the shower head. Other than that it was well worth it.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
#1 of 4 in Storm Lake
Budget Inn Motel
Budget Inn Motel
#3 of 4 in Storm Lake

Been to King's Pointe Waterpark Resort? Share your experiences!