The Good - The facility is fairly new and the rooms are clean - about what you'd expect from a lower-end chain (old TVs, not everything works, but taken care of). The indoor water park was extremely hot, but very fun for the kids and the lifeguards were alert and engaged. The food at the hotel restaurant is tasty and lots of great lake views. The location is convenient too - walking distance to a public beach and very cool playground.
The Bad - The biggest reason to come here in August is for the water park. However, the outdoor slides - the best and biggest part of the park - were closed and with no warning or apology. Really bad. Also, lots of broken things around the place - ice machine on our floor and water fountains at the park were broken. The digital lock on our door didn't work for a while either.
One last small thing. The front desk promoted this fun campfire/s'mores night. It was really just two small Walmart-type fire pits on the sidewalk. And you get one s'more per person. Not terrible, just not special.
All in all, definitely worth going if the water parks are working (they're very fun). But do your homework before you go and temper your expectations.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Enjoy outdoor and indoor waterpark fun next to a 3200 acre lake! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotwire, Booking.com, Priceline, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Expedia, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, Orbitz, Cheap Tickets and getaroom.com so you can book your King's Pointe Waterpark Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- King`s Pointe Waterpark Hotel Storm Lake
- Kings Pointe Waterpark Hotel
- Hotel Kings Pointe Waterpark
- King's Pointe Waterpark Resort Storm Lake, Iowa