“Excellent Stay!”

Ranked #1 of 4 Hotels in Storm Lake
Houston, Texas
“Excellent Stay!”
Reviewed June 4, 2013

We stayed at the waterpark hotel for a weekend wedding. We had a great time. The staff were very friendly and accommodating. The room were very nice, the only bad thing about the suites is that there are no doors on the rooms. The waterpark was fun and the hotel sits on a picturesque spot on the lake. I would definitely go back!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
KingsPointe, Sales & Events Coordinator at King's Pointe Waterpark Resort, responded to this review, June 6, 2013
Dear smntk3,

Thank you for your recent stay at King's Pointe Waterpark Resort. We are happy to hear that you had a great time with us. We are also glad you enjoyed the waterpark and the view of the lake.

We are sorry to hear that you were dissatisfied with the set up of the suite. However, our 2 bedroom suites do have doors separating the bedrooms from the living area when you decide to stay with us in the future.

We appreciate your business and feedback. We look forward to your future stays. Feel free to 'like' us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter (@Kings_Pointe), or join our email list on our website to stay up to date on our latest specials and events.

Samantha Kavan
Sales & Events Coordinator

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (146)
Reviewed May 25, 2013

We were put in a room near the banquet hall with a loud reception. We couldn't sleep all night. I could hear everything the dj at the wedding reception said from inside my room. Terrible experience! They don't regulate how loud the music can be in the banquet hall so everyone suffers! I won't stay here again especially for the money we paid.

• Stayed May 2013
1 Thank IAnative1020
KingsPointe, Sales Coordinator at King's Pointe Waterpark Resort, responded to this review, May 31, 2013
Dear IAnative1020,

I am sorry to hear that you were not satisfied with your stay at King’s Pointe Waterpark Resort this last weekend. We did have a wedding reception at the resort the weekend you stayed. I apologize that you were unable to sleep due to the loud music coming from our ballroom.

We are a facility that accommodates all events in our ballroom and we do realize that occasionally the loud noise will effect a few of the guest rooms located above the ballroom which is why all events that are held in the ballroom have to end by 12:00am.

I do know there is an inconvenience with changing rooms, but our front desk staff is always accommodating when it comes to moving rooms due to loud music in the ballroom especially when there is availability to do so.

Thank you for your feedback as we will use your feedback to make improvements in our resort to make sure every guest has an enjoyable stay. We do hope that you give us another opportunity to serve you better in the future.

Whitney Dickinson

Travelers are raving about these Storm Lake hotels

Fayetteville, Arkansas
Reviewed May 22, 2013 via mobile

This hotel is the only decent place to stay in town. And for miles around. I stay here wether working in town or 40 miles away. Hotel is perfectly clean and has friendly staff. Price is perfectly acceptable and attached restaurant is decent as well. This hotel serves its purpose well. It get three stars based solely on the fact that it is nothing special. Not as a form of a bad review.

Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Dear dcbone27,

Thank you for your recent stay at King’s Pointe Waterpark Resort. We appreciate your business and your feedback. I’m happy to hear that you enjoy our hotel accommodations when you stay with us.

If you have a chance to stay with us in the summer time, you’re sure to have a good experience as well. We have wonderful accommodations and fun attractions in the summer!

We appreciate having you stay with us and will look forward to your future stays as well! In the meantime, 'like' us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter(@kings_pointe), or join our email list on our website to stay up to date on our latest specials and events!

Whitney Dickinson
Des Moines, Iowa
Reviewed April 8, 2013

I have family in the area and so we have stayed here a few times. It is a very nice addtion to the community. The rooms are nice, the beds comfortable, tv is good and a great experience overall. I was disappointmented that indoor water park water temperature was very cold and there is no hot tub to warm you up. . Also, with the steep price of the stay there is no breakfast included and the restaurant onsite is quite pricey. Not sure we will be staying there again.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
KingsPointe, Director of Sales at King's Pointe Waterpark Resort, responded to this review, April 11, 2013
Dear Bsshank,

Thank you for taking the time to review our facility. We are happy to hear you enjoyed most of your time with us.

We are happy to hear you enjoyed our comfortable, spacious rooms and the amenities in the room. However, we are sorry to hear that you were disappointed with the waterpark. We are currently installing new water heaters in the waterpark, so we hope to see you again when the water will be at the normal 84 degrees. I will also include your feedback about wanting a hot tub in the facility. We are always looking for ways we can improve our facility, so I'll put in your request.

I am also sorry you were disappointed with the Regatta Grille, I will pass along your feedback to our food and beverage manager.

We do hope to serve you again in the future. Feel free to 'like' us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter (@kings_pointe) or sign up for our newsletter on our website for the latest specials and upcoming event. Thank you again for your feedback.

Kelli Berg
Director of Sales
Reviewed March 29, 2013

I decided for a fun weekend we would go to storm lake water park for relaxing weekend. we drove 3 hours . called early in the morning and asked for a early check in. front desk said should be no prob. but could confirm when we got there. we got there at 2pm and had to sit and wait till 4:10 to check in since there were " NO rooms available yet " . we were told you will just have to wait we were busy last night. heres a hint.. for the rate you charge hire more housekeepers instead of three people standing behind a desk scratching their heads.
besides staff waterpark was great !

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
KingsPointe, Guest Relations Manager at King's Pointe Waterpark Resort, responded to this review, April 2, 2013
Dear Beth5159,

I am sorry to hear that you were dissatisfied with the check in process at King's Pointe Resort. Our process begins at 4:00 p.m.; however, we try to accommodate every guests as they arrive to get them in a room early. If we are unable to provide a room we always give our guests waterpark vouchers so guests and their families can start enjoying the waterpark upon arrival. Once a room is ready we provide it to the guest as soon as possible.

Again, I apologize that when you called you were informed you would be able to get into a room and yet when you arrived you still had to wait. We never want to keep a guest waiting for their guest rooms, and I will make it a priority to review our check in process so that moving forward we are able to accommodate the needs of all our guests as they are arriving.

Thank you for your comments as these are the tools that we use to improve our resort to make every guests stay more enjoyable. We do hope you give us another opportunity to serve you better in the future.

Wendy Oleson
Guest Services Manager
Reviewed March 24, 2013

A really nice resort. Rooms were clean and spacious. I was very surprised the TV wasn't bigger. It was very noisy in the hall ways until after 11 pm. Seems like the kids were running around a lot.
We ventured out to the water park. It's very confusing on how to get to the entrance. By the brosure that they gave us at check in, it looked as thou you could walk straight to it from our room. Which you couldn't. Once we got inside the indoor water park we decided to jump in. Brrrrrr was the water cold. We froze until we decided to try a slide. It seemed as thou the water was warmer by the slides. The room in the water park was also chilly. I'm just glad I didn't bring my 9 month old with me. She wouldn't have liked the cold water.
Food wasn't to bad! My steak was over cooked and my husbands trio shrimp plate that he ordered only had 2 different types. False advertising I guess. The breakfast buffet wasn't worth the $9 that they wanted for it. I should've stuck with an omelette.

• Stayed March 2013
KingsPointe, Manager at King's Pointe Waterpark Resort, responded to this review, March 27, 2013
Dear Amis612,

Thank you for taking the time to give us feedback on your recent stay at King’s Pointe Waterpark Resort. I am glad to hear that you were happy with the clean and spacious rooms. I am sorry to hear there were a few items you were not as impressed with.

We are sorry you had a difficult time finding the entrance to our indoor waterpark. When the facility was designed, the architects thought it would be a good idea to keep the swim suited children out of the lobby where there are generally other leisure and corporate guests. To avoid this, we built the resort so guests would go to second floor to access the waterpark. Some guests see this as a positive, and some guests don't care for the set up.

As for temperature in the waterpark, our indoor waterpark water temperature always ranges from 78-82 degrees and our air temperature in the waterpark sits around 84 degrees daily. I hope you were still able to enjoy your time at the waterpark with the water temperatures being cooler than anticipated. Hopefully you are able to come back this summer and enjoy the excitement of our outdoor waterpark as well!

In the Regatta Grille, we are going to use your feedback as constructive training for our team. The issues at dinner that you brought to our attention seem to be a lack of focus on our part and completely unacceptable. We are going to take a look at some of our procedures a little closer so we can prevent this from happening again in the future. We pride ourselves in the quality and accuracy of our menu items or buffet selections, and will take a deep look at the topics you mentioned so we can improve going forward. Our goal is to deliver exceptional experiences to every guest every time. Please know that we appreciate your comments and will use them to better our team.

Again, we apologize for any inconvenience we have caused you and your family. I do hope you will give us another opportunity in the future to serve you and your family.

Whitney Dickinson, Waterpark Director
Lance Bellinghausen, Food & Beverage Director
Cedar Rapids, Iowa
Reviewed March 14, 2013

If you are staying in the Storm Lake area, I highly suggest this hotel. I travel on business with 3 nights a week out on average, so a hotel that is comfortable and affordable for the corporate is key. This hotel was accomodating in getting me a business rate for my company. Hotel is very clean, great work out facility, and has a great restaurant and bar in the hotel that I ate at both nights. Food was good and service was good as well. I highly recommend this hotel for travelers. If you have kids they have a great Indoor and Outdoor Waterpark for entertainment. This was my first stay at this hotel and I will defiinitley be staying here everytime I am in the area for work or leisure.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
KingsPointe, Sales Coordinator at King's Pointe Waterpark Resort, responded to this review, March 19, 2013
Dear Joe S,

Thank you for your recent stay at King's Pointe Resort and your wonderful feedback! We pride ourselves on creating a comfortable space for business and leisure travelers alike! I am happy to hear you were pleased with our fitness center, an area we recently improved due to guest feedback. I'm glad you enjoyed not only your room accomodations, but also our beautiful lakeside dining options.

We look forward to serving you aagain! In the meantime, be sure to 'like' us on Facebook and follow us on Twitter (@kings_pointe) for the latest specials and events!

Sabrina Martinez
Budget Inn Motel
Budget Inn Motel
#3 of 4 in Storm Lake
Boulders Inn & Suites Holstein

Been to King's Pointe Waterpark Resort? Share your experiences!